UCF Lake Nona Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
NOTE: Position will not start working until early December 2020. Please apply if you are interested in positions at UCF LAKE NONA MEDICAL CENTER slated to open in early 2021.
UCF LAKE NONA MEDICAL CENTER (UCFLNMC) is located in the southern Orlando suburb of Lake Nona, which is known as Medical City. UCFLNMC is a partnership facility owned by HCA Healthcare and the University of Central Florida, College of Medicine. It will be the first teaching hospital in Central Florida. Construction began in October 2018. Slated to open in early 2021, the 204,079-square-foot, 64-bed facility is expected to create more than 300 jobs when it opens early next year.
UCFLNMC is located immediately adjacent to the UCF College of Medicine. It will be just minutes from the Orlando International Airport and will be easily accessible from major roads including Florida's Turnpike, State Road 417 and the East-West Expressway.
The Controller is responsible for the direction and leadership of the fiscal facility operations and maintaining proper financial controls to ensure reliable and accurate financial reporting and integrity of financial services and applications Formulates and administers general accounting practices in adherence with corporate accounting policy (APG) and internal audit guidelines; interprets data, and prepares financial analyses of operations for the guidance of management.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for twenty four hour operations and maintaining proper financial controls to ensure reliable and accurate financial reporting and integrity of financial services and applications by consistently analyzing, evaluating and monitoring procedures, processes and systems.
* Formulates and administers general accounting practices in adherence with corporate accounting policy (APG) and internal audit guidelines; interprets data, and prepares financial analyses of operations for the guidance of management.
* Ensures delivery of high quality services by maintaining appropriate staffing levels, equipment, resources, competency, physical space, training and education of staff.
* Applies the principles of continuous quality improvement in delivery of services, through assessment and monitoring of financial processes and systems.
* Ensures compliance with Sarbane-Oxley, JCAHO, legal and all regulatory and accrediting agencies.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff quarterly. This information is used to improve safety. Addresses safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
* Hospital-based experience preferred.
* Some weekends will be required.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Master's Preferred CPA or Masters preferred
Three to five years in hospital fiscal services. Three years at supervisory level.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) * Some weekends required.
Must manifest problem-solving abilities and decisive leadership. Professional accounting skills. Computer skills as well as verbal and communication skills
Superior time management skills, and strong attention to detail
Good organizational skills; ability to read comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions; demonstrates good customer relations and analytical skills.
YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN A PAYCHECK. OUR BENEFITS RAISE THE BAR:
* 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Family Leave
* Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
* And much more!
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.