Controls Engineer - Cincinnati, OH 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
The Controls Engineer will lead with safety while leading improvements that will ultimately improve reliability, and help transform our culture by:
* Driving productivity through a strategic use of technology
* Providing tactical and strategic operations support
* Managing electrical and controls architecture
* Supporting and managing electrical and controls capital projects
* Driving development of internal resources
* Managing relationships with contractors and integrators
* Maintaining the plant electrical safety program
* Investigate refinement and enhancement opportunities for the plant processes, systems and facilities. Evaluate their economic feasibility.
* Provide technical assistance to reduce/eliminate issues associated with equipment, performance, quality and safety
* Provide electrical and controls troubleshooting support to operating departments and maintenance team
* Ensure the efficient operation of process and packaging systems via integrity and reliability of control systems throughout plant
* Provide electrical/controls leadership for capital project execution
* Ensure that projects meet operating expectations and are completed within authorized budgets and schedule constraints
* Ensure designs and installations conform to plant and GMI standards
* Interface with corporate personnel, engineers, vendors and operating technicians to effectively develop and implement system design improvements
* Establish relationships with contractors and carry out procedures based on site and corporate engineering standards in the highest professional and ethical basis
* Interface with corporate controls engineering team; ensure compliance with corporate controls initiatives and standards
* Ensure projects are executed with the proper safety devices per OSHA, NFPA 70E and GMI Corporate Standards
* Work with the Quality department to ensure all installations and projects meet the quality and sanitation requirements of the plant
* Establish relationships with the System Engineers (SE) and Line Teams to address issues
* Help develop the capital plan and manage obsolescence in each area of the plant
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from ABET-accredited program, Degrees preferred: Electrical or Controls Engineering
* 3 Years of related experience
* Willing to provide support off shift and/or on weekends to support 24 hour plant operations, as needed.
* Hardware application, programming and integration experience with the following Hardware/Software:
* Wonderware Intouch, InSql, DAS, and System Platform
* AB (Allen Bradley) Control Logix, PLC5, SLC; Panelviews; Panelview Plus', InCuity, and RSLinx
* AB and Indramat Servo Controllers;
* Serial, RIO, DH+, Ethernet, ControlNet and DeviceNet Communications o Knowledge of computers, servers and Windows Operating Systems;
* VFDs; Load Cells; Metering Feeders; Control Valves, Level, Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Position, Presence devices and other common field devices.
* Ability to interpret and apply the NEC, NFPA 70E, GMI Corporate and other standards to the plant equipment and projects.
* Strong project and project management skills, including estimating, scheduling, quote request generation, bid analyses, cost tracking and compliance, project issue resolution, installation and start-up support, and training.
* Solid experience in leading and managing Electrical Contractors and Third Party Controls Integrators as part of major capital project initiatives.
* Experience with Process Control, Packaging Control, Equipment Specification and Panel Design.
* Ability to troubleshoot PLC's at the code level and troubleshoot equipment and wiring.
* Understanding of and experience with power distribution and associated equipment (120V, 208V, 230V, 240V, 277V, 480V, 4160V) is preferred
* AutoCAD experience is preferred.
* Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Commitment to CI (Continuous Improvement) and use of the tools to drive improvements
* Ability to train and pass skills on to others.
* Demonstrated strong communication abilities and interpersonal skills
* High technical aptitude and learning agility.
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.