Controls Program Manager 5/2/2020
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Field:
Facility Management - Critical Environment
Length of Assignment:
BGIS s is currently seeking a Controls Program Manager to join the team.
Purpose Statement: Maintain critical mechanical, electrical, and control systems in a critical environment facility.
This person will be responsible for:
* Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients.
* Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner.
* Respond to emergency calls.
Maintain Critical Environment Controls Systems
* Performs maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
* Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with BGIS Safety Policy and Procedures.
* Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets BGIS and Client standards.
* Collaborate with other BGIS departments for cross utilization and use of best practices and idea sharing.
* Diagnose and repair complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems.
* Provide proposals for retrofits, upgrades and/or enhancements to existing controls systems.
* Collaborate on the development of new projects required at the Data Centers and Critical Environments as assigned to include facilitation of broad groups, building consensus, and ensuring controls system integrity is maintained at all times.
* Manage the change control process and revisions of all proposed controls system procedures at the Data Centers and Critical Environments.
* Conduct extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in controls and monitoring systems.
* Provide technical assistance to team members at the data center.
* Escalate issues to Critical Environment Facility Manager as needed.
* Be accountable for controls system changes at multiple sites.
Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; working knowledge of Visio preferred.
* Experience with the following:
* OSIsoft PI
* Modbus, BACnet, SNMP
* Network troubleshooting
* Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawings preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Degree in Information Technology, Mechanical/Electrical, Systems Engineering or equivalent professional experience preferred.
* A minimum of three (3) years experience in facilities related environments.
* Training will be provided as required.
* Field experience integrating PLCs and/or DCSs with process historians, HMI/SCADA packages, and OPC servers.
* Experience with communication networks (Ethernet, RS485, RS232).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Physical ability to walk job sites on uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
* Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
* Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
* Respond to off-hour emergency calls.
* Ability and willingness to travel regionally, up to 20% travel will be required.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Keywords: OSIsoft, PI system, ProcessBook, OPC, SCADA, BMS, EPMS, SCADA System Admin, Data Integration Control System Engineer, OSIsoft PI Administrator, Industrial Control System Application Analyst, Applications Engineer, Controls Software Engineer, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Data Center, Operations, Preventative Maintenance, Infrastructure, Building Systems, Controls, Automation, Facility Technician, Building Engineer, Critical Environment, Industrial, Electrician, Stationary Engineer
* Back Share