This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/6/2019
END DATE 11/20/2019
Grand Junction, CO
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Cook.
You are eager to join a skilled team making more than just hospital food.
You want to work in an environment where you can positively impact others lives.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Marys Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 346-bed regional medical center is in Grand Junction, one of the most beautiful places on earth. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes. Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Cook, you need to know how to:
* Review menus daily to determine quantities of food and supplies needed.
* Prepare food for cafeteria, patient food service and catering using creativity, quality, consistency, and promptness.
* Follow and comply with recipe standards.
* Monitor and replenish food as needed for cafeteria, catering, or patient trays.
* Ensure food is being handled and stored to Hazardous Analysis of Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines.
* Operate various types of kitchen equipment and maintain cleanliness. Record temperatures of refrigerators. Ensure equipment is in good working condition.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
* At least one (1) year of food service experience in a healthcare facility, such as healthcare food service, preferred
* At least six (6) months of experience in food preparation, preferably in a healthcare setting, preferred
* Hazardous Analysis of Critical Control Point (HACCP) training to be obtained after hire
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Cook on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities