Avamere Family of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The primary responsibility of this position is to prepare food to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
* Serve meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance and in accordance with established portion control procedures, on a timely basis.
* Inspect diet trays; work with the facility s dietitian and process diet changes received from Nursing Services.
* Coordinate food service with other departments.
* Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
* Ensure that menus are maintained and review menus prior to preparation of food.
* Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
* Experience in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred.
* Must have a Food Handler s Card.
* Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
* Must be knowledgeable of food preparation procedures.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
AVAMERE COMPANIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.