Coord Clinical Research - 61019
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/5/2020
END DATE 7/8/2020
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOC_COLKET-Colket Translational Research Req ID: 79045
Employment Status: Regular - Full Time JOB SUMMARY
Important Notice: Thank you for your interest in the Children s Hospital of Philadelphia. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the recruitment process for this position has been placed ON HOLD. If you would still like to be considered for the role, you may apply to this position. When the status of the position returns to active and if your resume is selected for review, the recruiter will reach out. Thank you for considering CHOP. Our appreciation is sincere, knowing your talent is very valued.
Coordinate all administrative efforts of the research team
* Communicate with all members of the research team including investigators, clinical staff and research staff to facilitate all aspects of the research study.
* Supervise research assistant.
* Organize and attend the weekly meetings of the CHOP research team to provide updates on progress and problems in the day-to-day operations of the project.
* Prepare agenda of key issues for project meetings.
* Help plan, execute and follow-up on protocol decisions for project.
* Notify key hospital and research personnel of pertinent changes and revisions to study protocol in a timely manner.
* Maintain active and up-to-date IRB and CTRC documentation.
Supervise and assist with subject enrollment
* Establish systems for identifying and recruiting subjects, and retaining subjects once enrolled.
* Supervise the identification, recruitment and scheduling of study subject visits.
* Obtain informed consent and explain all aspects of the protocol to families.
Supervise and assist in the collection of study measures.
* Perform study measures.
* Administer study questionnaires for dietary intake, physical activity, and other diabetes related issues.
* Supervise the collection of lab test results,
* Supervise the review of CHOP medical records to collect data on each subject s clinical disease status as needed for diabetes care.
Assist in preparation of progress reports to the granting agency and in manuscript preparation.
* Prepare appropriate data summaries/analyses in timely fashion for progress report deadlines.
* Contribute to manuscript preparation by helping to prepare data, writing manuscripts or appropriate sections and reviewing other parts of manuscript for accuracy.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors Degree with minimum 5-7 years clinical research experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
* Masters degree in Public Health (or related field) with at least 3 years clinical research experience.
* Pediatric clinical research and CDE preferred.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to function independently in a clinical research setting.
* Excellent communication skills to interact with staff, parents and children.
* Ability to handle confidential materials.
* Ability to handle multiple, time dependent tasks.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to manage quantitative information and to use computers.
* Ability to acquire proficiency in assessment of growth, body composition, and disease characteristics in a timely manner.
* Ability to provide time flexibility for scheduling the study visits
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146