Coordinator Transport (CHS) in Nashville, TN 6/4/2020
Global Medical Response
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COORDINATOR TRANSPORT (CHS) IN NASHVILLE, TN
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Transport Coordinator Job Description
Job Summary: The Transport Coordinator (TC) will be an employee of American Medical Response embedded onsite at a client s facility as a contractor. This position functions as facilitator for patient transport in markets where client facilities are supported by the client s transfer center. Using a multi-faceted approach to schedule and arrange patient movement through the healthcare continuum, the TC may direct various activities including but not limited to functioning as a liaison with various transport companies, assist with bed management, and other access center functions. The TC demonstrates initiative and problem-solving skills while working with multiple and various departments within each hospital to foster relationships with referring facilities, physicians, hospital staff and EMS providers. This role may monitor throughput, documenting status updates and communicating updates to all customers as defined by protocol. Transport Coordinators are a key member of the client s transfer center team and are expected to assist client staff as requested or when a need has been identified. TC may coordinate and allocate the response of EMS resources utilizing computer and telephone technology to effectively reduce patient care delays associated with transfer processes by determining Emergent / Non-Emergent resource allocation and notifying the appropriate ground or air dispatch center for response to needed services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serves as a liaison between AMR and the client Transfer Center, and represents AMR professionally in all activities.
* Performs client transfer center functions in a timely, customer centered, and professional manner.
* Coordinates transport of patients from all System referral sources including but not limited to hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and physician offices.
* Facilitates patient throughput to a final destination facility with an ongoing focus on quality, efficiency, providing follow up to all participants of the transfer.
* Ability to operate efficiently in all pertinent client and AMR systems, including but not limited to: Transfer center software, access portals, online transportation ordering systems, electronic health records, computer aided dispatch systems, paging software, telephony, and other call and office-oriented systems as needed, documenting patient status updates in the electronic health record, client databases, and by phone.
* Critical thinking skills will be utilized to insure every patient transfer promotes the well-being and safety of the patient.
* Works well with others and promotes teamwork by demonstration of good team member behaviors.
* Identifies and assists team members with heavier workloads within the Transfer Center. Serves as an example of appropriate staff behavior when on or off calls.
* Determines and documents the nature, location of requests, and level of priority and then dispatches the appropriate transportation resource.
* Receives and processes information on a continual basis with numerous air and ground ambulances already on transports.
* Notifies the appropriate helicopter or ground dispatch center of a request and relays all pertinent transport information.
* Able to simultaneously listen and accurately document transport activities in applicable logs.
* Performs a full range of telephone, computer and/or radio operational duties.
* Provides input into the client s processes and protocols to improve patient movement across the system. Recommends process change if needed to create a more efficient customer and patient-centered process.
* Demonstrates knowledge of local, state, and federal regulatory requirement, AMR and customer Ethics and Compliance policies, and ensures compliance standards are met or exceeded at all times.
* Adheres to established policies and procedures and standards of care. Identifies and escalates issues through the established Chain of Command in a timely manner.
* Assist with other customer transfer center functions as assigned.
* Will participate in scheduled customer Transfer Center department meetings.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
* 3+ years experience in the medical transportation industry
* EMT or Paramedic preferred, (may substitute for other clinical or transport coordination background with 3-5 years experience in hospital setting)
* Prior experience as an Emergency Medical dispatcher (EMD or E911), call taker, or transport coordinator strongly preferred
* Experienced with transport coordination and/or medical transportation logistics software
* Ability to work prolonged shift in an office environment
* Good organizational skills
* Proficient Computer/typing skills
* Communicate and work well in a team environment
* Follow up in a timely manner on open items
* Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
* Bachelor s degree preferred
*Part time and weekends required
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled