Corporate Tax Manager (Remote work option in Westfield operating territory)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/11/2020
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOCATION: Open to remote work within Westfield's operating territory.
SALARY RANGE: $108,297.00-$124,542.00-$140,788.00
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Corporate Tax Leader Job Summary
The Corporate Tax Leader manages the organization's tax compliance, tax accounting, and tax planning with all applicable federal, state, local, and foreign tax laws and regulations. Manages the preparation and filing of returns for a multi-tiered organization that includes property casualty and financial services companies. Conducts research to ascertain the optimal tax minimization strategy for the organization. Manages and responsible for the unclaimed funds reporting, 1099 reporting, and state regulatory filings. Manages and responsible for the organization s fixed asset system.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Manages and is responsible for the preparation of federal, state and local tax returns and related documentation to ensure company compliance with all federal, state, local and foreign tax laws and regulations to include all above and below the line taxes, unclaimed funds reporting, 1099 reporting, and workers compensation regulatory filings. 2. Manages and is responsible for the timely preparation of the consolidated federal tax return, and quarterly estimated payments for all federal, state, local, and regulatory agencies. 3. Manages SAP and GAAP accounting issues as they relate to income tax, unclaimed funds, fixed assets, calculations of deferred tax assets and liabilities including final year-end tax provisions and month-end closings. 4. Conducts tax-related research for the organization, working directly with multiple stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure optimization and compliance with new and developing tax legislation. 5. Manages IRS audits and any state and local audits. 6. Minimizes company's tax liability through informed application of tax laws and regulations permitting alternate treatment of taxable items. 7. Serves as the company liason on tax matters involving the merger, acquisition, or formation of new companies (i.e., due diligence, foreign tax). 8. Develops and maintains tax-sharing agreement and allocates taxes appropriately among the enterprise structure. 9. Tax liason on enterprise projects, conducting research and working with multiple stakeholders to ensure viability of project outcomes and compliance with tax laws. 10. Oversees year-end tax planning activities (i.e. admissibility of deferred taxes, alternative minimum tax,
40% test, discounting of loss reserves). 11. Leads department employees and provides guidance for budget preparation for assigned departments. 12. Fosters cooperative relationship with colleagues in human resources, corporate planning, corporate legal, chief investment office, corporate treasury, and financial reporting to anticipate needs of organization and recommend best practices. 13. Performs human capital management responsibilities including employee selection, performance management, coaching, and development. Manages priorities and workload distribution, and removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration, and reporting duties. 14. May travel occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. 4+ years of tax experience at a public accounting firm or 7+ years within a corporate tax environment.
3. 2+ years of experience leading a team of professionals.
4. Experience with and strong knowledge of the following computer applications, including but not limited to:
* MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* PeopleSoft Financial
* Premium Pro Tax Software
* Corptax and/or OneSoruce Tax Software Suites
5. Proven self-starter and the ability to work independently.
6. Experienced in effectively managing multiple tasks and changing priorities.
7. Ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment.
8. Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
9. Master s Degree in Taxation OR CPA designation is a plus.
10. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Regular on-site attendance required.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran. #LI-PB1