Cost Analyst 6/5/2020
Schott North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY International technology group * specialty glasses and glass-ceramics * more than 130 years experience * more than 16,000 employees in 34 countries * innovative ideas for the world of tomorrow What's your next milestone*
SCHOTT Advanced Optics, with its deep technological expertise, is a valuable partner for its customers in developing products and customized solutions for applications in optics, lithography, astronomy, opto-electronics, architecture, life sciences, and research. With a product portfolio of more than 120 optical glasses, special materials and components, we master the value chain: from customized glass development to high-precision optical product finishing and metrology.SCHOTT is seeking a Cost Analyst who will be responsible for timely and accurate review of all aspects of product cost analysis. This includes materials, department spend-ing and utilization, as well as production performance (yields, hours charged and defects). The chosen candidate will utilize SCHOTT standard metrics and tools, as well as additional analytics to support operations in defining improvement intiatitives and understanding their ac-tual performance.
* Assists the Site Controller in all aspects on the financial planning processes for the Advanced Optics Business Unit.
* Assists the Site Controller with the monitoring of actual site revenues and expenses compared against plan. When appli-cable is instrumental in the assistance of the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
* Performs special financial analysis as necessary to provide information needed for key decisions.
* Provides valuable support to the Site Controller in regard to all internal and external audits.
* Maintain and ensure integrity of general ledger system, according to US GAAP and IFRS standards.
* Prepare and analyse reports on production and key performance indicators.
* Collect data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor to assist in busi-ness decisions.
* Review cost center reports and follow-up with cost center managers regarding deviations in spending relative to site finan-cial plan/expectations.
* Review excess and obsolete status of inventory on hand. Work with purchasing and operations to optimize inventory balances.
* Support cycle count process.
* Prepares monthly reports which help to monitor, control and maximize standard margins and guarantee the efficient use of all site inventories. Prepares and reviews inventory reports with the MRP Controllers in order to insure an effective flow of WIP.
* Acts as a link between the finance department and all of the various SAP module owners. Is responsible for the maintan-ance of the material master which is a major driver of the SAP System.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum three years in a similar position in a fast paced manufacturing business with SAP as well as Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Self motivated and results oriented.
* Ability to handle multiple requirements, deadlines and changing priorities.
* Good judgement and decision making abilitiy.
* Effective interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to create effective working relationships with a diverse group of personaities.
* Able to solve problems and analyzie complex business activities and transactions.
* Ability to use required system tools (Excel, SAP, Outlook, other).
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
Motivated and committed employees are essential to the success of our company. At SCHOTT, you will find a cooperative and dynamic work environment which encourages you to share your innovative ideas, supports your development and celebrates achieving successes with your team.
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future. Do you want to be successful with us* Then, please send us your application.
SCHOTT North America, Inc. and SCHOTT Gemtron Corporation are both Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
SCHOTT's inclusion philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment is prohibited.
SCHOTT endeavors to make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact email@example.com. Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.