Counter Sales Associate 5/6/2020
Carrier Enterprise LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Counter Associate
CE Northeast (CNE) is a division of Carrier Enterprise, a joint venture with Watsco and Carrier Corporation that sells HVAC equipment, parts and supplies to residential and commercial dealers. The HVAC Store Associate/Sales position is located in Stratford, CT.
* Sells heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies
* Greets customer on sales floor or receives telephone call and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired. Discusses use and features of various parts; demonstrates use of merchandise.
* Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility. Maintain a clean and organized showroom.
* Reads catalog, or computer for replacement part stock number and price. Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
* Uses computer database to research availability of merchandise. Fills customer orders from stock or prepares transfer from other location. Prepares sales order or quote order.
* Receives payment or obtains credit authorization. Examines defective articles returned by customers to determine if refund or replacement should be made.
* Solicits new and established customers via telephone to promote sales. Resolves or alerts management regarding inventory issues or customer concerns.
* Works in the warehouse.
* Works with clerical staff to check and maintain open orders, purchase orders, return merchandise purchase orders. Assists in maintaining current and accurate warranty return authorizations and their credit adjustments.
* Follows direction provided by counter lead (if applicable) and lends support to warehouse staff in their duties.
Carrier Enterprise is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CE offers a competitive total pay (plus bonus on sales incentives) and benefits package inclusive of health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k).
* Excellent customer service skills
* Practical knowledge of warehouse, data processing, paper flow and operations procedures.
* Must have the ability to negotiate transactions on an intra- and inter-company level. Must possess the ability to mediate situations among employees and customers as they arise.
* Beginner to intermediate to advanced user of the Internet and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
* Ability to learn new software quickly and accurately.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
* Forklift experience preferred, however, must be willing to learn
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Any lifting from 50-75 would require assistance from another employee. Relocation is not offered for this position. Please be sure to complete the on-line questions and give salary requirements to be considered for this position.