This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONLABORER - FLAGGER
These positions are available throughout Polk County:
FROSTPROOF, DUNDEE, AUBURNDALE, LAKELAND,MULBERRY,FT MEADE
Flaggers: Must have a current MOT certification as outlined in the scope of work.
POSITION DUTIES: Unskilled and limited semi-skilled manual labor performing light and heavy construction, maintenance and custodial tasks, flags and directs traffic.
Patches holes in the road with asphalt or rock; rakes asphalt; digs and fills holes/construction projects using shovel and other hand tools; clears brush from right-of-way, drainage ditches and roadway areas using hand sling and other tools; removes refuse from roadsides and grounds by hand or \\"Litter Stick\\", fills and stacks sand bags; lifts and carries 25# cement blocks used in project works; lifts, carries and assists with position placement of corrugated metal, plastic and cement pipes; assist with building wooden frames and assist with mixing and pouring of concrete; loads and unloads material and supplies from trucks and vans. Flags and directs traffic; and must be trained in flagging safety procedures.
Uses hand tools; sweeps walks; removes refuse from grounds; cuts, trims, waters and fertilizes lawns and bushes; performs custodial work for office/bathrooms as necessary. May aide in moving furniture or equipment and large bulky objects. Ability to perform routine unskilled manual labor work. Ability to see, hear sounds at a normal level, ambulate independently, bend, stoop, sit and stand. Ability to use multi-hand and/or foot controls. Ability to perform tasks that require eye and hand coordination. Ability to work in all weather and environmental conditions (i.e.: sun, rain, cold, swamp, ditches, dirt and hot asphalt). Ability to follow instructions and concentrate on assigned tasks. Must be able to lift and carry materials that have an average weight of 50 lbs. Performs related duties as required.
DRIVING OF COUNTY VEHICLES: The temporary employee may be required to drive a Polk County vehicle. All temporary labor employees must meet the same\\"Safe Driver Policy\\" requirements as regular employees employed by Polk County:
-they must possess a Valid Florida Driver\'s license, Chauffeur's license, or a Commercial Driver's license at the time of employment and beat least 18 years of age. Theirdriving record cannot reflect:
* Have been convicted of an alcohol/drug related offense within 36 months prior to making application.
* Have been convicted of two (2) alcohol/drug related offenses within ten (10)years prior to making application.
* Have a suspension, revocation, or restriction due to moving violations within the36 months prior to making application.
* Have a temporary license from the Court permitting them to travel \\"To and From\\" work only, or permitting them to \\"Drive at work only\\".
* Have accrued 12 points within the 24 months prior to making application.
* Have accrued 18 points within 36 months prior to making application.
* Cannot provide proof of insurance when required to use their personal vehicle as part of their daily job duties.
* Must not have been convicted of two (2) felony offenses within the past 10 years.
- Must haveSteel toe boots.(any other safety equipment, e.g. hard hats, goggles, safety glasses, vests, etc., that may be required on a job, will be provided by the County.)
- Must have a Current MOT certification. (will be provided at time of hire by CertiTemp)
- Must possess a valid FL Driver\'s license and meet the above qualifications.
- Must pass Pre-employment drug screening.