Credit Analyst III 8/21/2020
Shore United Bank
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Shore United Bank is looking for an experienced Credit Analyst to join our growing team. As a Credit Analyst you are responsible for mitigating risk to the bank by conducting a thorough financial analysis on prospective and active commercial loans.
* Receive data on prospective and active borrowing accounts, i.e. financial statements, agency reports, and interview/investigation sheets
* Analyze data and evaluate the short- and long-term prospects of the individual or company
* Make recommendations to appropriate personnel on the granting or denying of loans and prepare sufficient information to document recommendations
* If assigned to the loan review function, may suggest a loan grade after conducting a thorough credit analysis and documentation review
* Provide thorough documentation of all financial analysis work, including rations and other related information
* Ensure all credit analysis activities are conducted in accordance with prescribed lending policy
* Achieve goals as established in the assigned department s annual operating plan
* Comply with operating policies and procedures established for the credit analysis function
* Maintain appropriate records and provide assigned reports
* Attention to detail
* Data gathering and analysis
* Critical thinking
* Problem solving
* Strategic thinking
* Time management
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in related field of study required
* A minimum of 3 years experience in a Credit Analyst role
* Prior experience or training in financial analysis
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
* Knowledge of commercial loans and underwriting
* Knowledge of banking regulations, procedures, and operations
* Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and draw conclusions based on common-sized business trends and directional trends
* Ability to interpret UCA and cash flow statements
* Thorough knowledge of current lending and loan review regulations
* Ability to spread and analyze simple business and personal tax returns
* Ability to identify source of repayment as well as collateral analysis
* Ability to maintain confidentiality with customer information
* Proficient computer skills; specifically, Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook desired
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy
* Ability to manage multiple priorities daily
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel would be helpful
* Join a family and community-oriented workplace that offers a team environment, along with a collaborative and friendly place to work
* Comprehensive benefits packing including health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, long-term care insurance, company paid life insurance, and much more!
* 401k savings plan with up to a 4% company match
* Employee perks such as: employee banking services, loan discount program, tuition reimbursement, career development program, Employee Assistance Program, and wellness initiatives.
* Opportunity for growth and advancement
* Paid training program and continuous training sessions throughout the year on various topics
* Generous paid time off and paid sick time
* Community involvement opportunities
Shore United Bank is a full-service community bank with a rich history dating back to 1876. In excess of one billion in assets, we offer innovative financial services delivered with the personal touch you expect from a community bank. We serve a broad geographic area with branches in Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia, and we also provide a comprehensive suite of digital banking services that allow you to bank with us no matter where life takes you.
In addition to banking, we offer trust and wealth management services through Wye Financial & Trust, a division of Shore United Bank. Together, our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to helping you achieve your financial goals.
Shore United Bank: Good things are happening here.
Shore United Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Shore United Bank is an E-Verify participant. Read More