Critical Infrastructure Engineer II 9/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Critical Infrastructure Engineer II
* Perform at a professional journeyman level in a highly critical environment, requiring the utmost level of concentration and exacting well planned actions.
* Will perform a variety of complex services in a highly-specialized building systems facility.
* Will perform daily in a well planned and executed fashion sharing in the sense of urgency surrounding mission critical operations and facilities.
* This is a day time position during regular business hours.
* The primary focus of this role will be electrical, HVAC and UPS operation experience. We are looking for someone with expert level experience in switchgear and UPS Ops.
* 24x7 facility on-call responsibility.
* Monitor the buildings HVAC, mechanical, Fire Suppression and electrical systems.
* Perform preventive maintenance and site surveys.
* Oversee vendor facility maintenance.
* Read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, project plans and other technical documents.
* Perform operation, installation, and servicing of peripheral devices.
* Oversee and assist with equipment start-ups, repairs and overhauls.
* Perform emergency response and equipment repair.
* Install, or oversee, the installation of power for customer orders and other electrical modifications as assigned while maintaining a safe work environment
* Maintain data center documentation as assigned, i.e., Run Books, layouts, and diagrams.
* Prepare Maintenance Window documentation for work to be performed.
* Assist with off-hours and weekend maintenance activities when required.
* Assist with Preparation of reports on System and Facility performance.
* Assist with Preparation of reports on customer utilization including space and power.
* Assist with Shift Coverage when required
* 2 years TAC Data Center experience or trade apprentice in electrical/mechanical preferred
* Associates degree in facilities related field or equivalent experience preferred
* Experience working with building automation/management systems.
* Able to pass skills assessment
* Knowledge of data center construction
* Knowledge of HVAC, AC and DC power fundamentals.
* Operational knowledge of Computer Room HVAC and Air Cooled Chillers
* Proficient using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* AutoCAD and MS Visio experience preferred.
* Strong troubleshooting / decision-making skills required.
* Strong communication skills (oral and written).
* Provide on-call availability
* Knowledge of data center critical infrastructure components preferred
* Team player, desiring to be part of a high-performance team with dynamic responsibilities
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here:
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.