CrowdRX Event EMT Austin TX 5/26/2020
Global Medical Response
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CROWDRX EVENT EMT AUSTIN TX
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Event Emergency Medical Technician
Reports To: EMS Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission of this position is to deliver high-quality patient care and customer service to event guests, venue and event staff and local partners at special events in fixed and temporary venues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensures that event activities are aligned with CrowdRx goals and strategic plan.
* Deliver on-site BLS level care in accordance with all applicable medical guidelines and protocals.
* Calmly and professionally responds to calls for emergency medical assistance and public safety issues within assigned venue or event area.
* Coordinates and arranges emergent and non-emergent transport for patients to higher level of care.
* Communicate effectively with venue or event staff and other local officials to provide critical information.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures as required to provide appropriate and high-quality patient care.
* Properly generate and submit all required response and patient care documentation.
* Properly maintain all issued uniforms and response gear, and utilize all personal protective equipment.
* Keep current on NREMT and all required state certifications / licenses.
* Monitor and maintain the condition of first aid offices and medical gear, ensuring that all supplies and equipment are in-date and in proper working order.
* Follow all policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with all established report times.
* Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
* Communicates public health / safety issues to venue staff and internal management.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* State EMT or Paramedic credential required.
* Applicable State certification(s)
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* 1+ years experience as an EMS provider preferred.
* 911 Experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Effective customer service skills.
* A working understanding special event operations and customer service
* Demonstrated skill in the successful completion of multiple, simultaneous and rapidly emergent tasks.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies and procedures.
* Ability to write reports and document emergency response activities
* Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with venue partners and event.
* Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Frequently: Lifting 50 lbs., kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time.
Constantly: Mental and situational awareness, hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, seeing.
Occasionally: Works alone or with team, inside, confined areas noise other hazardous conditions (human excrement, blood, urine, mucous, tissue).
Frequently: Works in active event and construction spaces, backstage areas, loading docks and street side event spaces.
Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face contact, verbal contact with others, works outside shiftwork, extended hours.
Reading (simple and complex), writing (simple and complex), memorization, analyzing, math skills (simple).
Frequently: Writing (simple), judgement, reasoning.
Constantly: Decision making.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled