Customer Contract Specialist 5/5/2020
Morton Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DETAILS
CUSTOMER CONTRACT SPECIALIST
North America, USA, Illinois, Morton Grove
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected.
We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big.
Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations.
Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do it is our legacy. Our core values respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion guide our actions and behavior every day.
So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future. Job Description
Under direct and minimum supervision by the assigned Manager, to develop project coordination plans and thereby to deliver excellent customer service by harnessing the full potential of the organization. This will be achieved by skilled plan development and management through regular contact with and examination of contributions by each project's stakeholders, encompassing departmental and / or customer representatives, internal and external service providers, and others as appropriate, bringing about a "meeting of the minds" as to requirements and / or performance according to established policies and guidelines in order to achieve the complete, accurate, efficient and on-time fulfillment of the customer s order. Duties & Responsibilities
* Review Nuclear / Government special customer enquiries, purchase orders and / or contracts to fully identify customer requirements and the appropriate project methodology for achieving them
* Define the supply chain in accordance with requirements.
* Ensure the vendor is capable of achieve the standard process as defined by the government.
* Gain customer sign off to the vendor compliance documents.
* to Play a pivotal role, and act as an advocate for both the customer and the organization, during project definition to ensure a plan capable of delivering full compliance with the customer requirements
* In the role of project coordinator or leader, to bring about direction and coordinated action to achieve goals and milestones through consensus or consent, and reporting to ensure that corresponding actions are taken
* Maintain contact with the project s stakeholders to ascertain project requirements and/or level of satisfaction with progress and performance
* Produce detailed action plans, reports and notifications as appropriate
* Report on the progress of the work
* Take pro-active or directed corrective action as appropriate to maintain the integrity of project plans
* Examine technical and technology documentation for completeness and latest versions as part of a Nuclear / Government contract review.
* Transpose those requirements into the Sales Order and associated order types within the ERP system.
* Participates in Nuclear audits and inspections
* Contributed to Training Program to ensure compliance through developing and delivering training and instituting electronic tracking system.
* Coordinate and collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure NQA-1, 10 CFR Appendix B, and 10 CFR 21 compliance
* Experience in implementing NQA-1 program
* Excellent communication skills throughout multiple organizational levels
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Relevant training in project management with a minimum of 3 years project experience.
* A college degree in Business Management, Project Management or other relevant subject.
* Good organizational, writing and reporting skills are essential, along with the interpersonal skills necessary to be influential at all levels of an organization.
* Independent and responsive to input, goal oriented and equally capable of working autonomously or as a member of a team. Highly capable of establishing, leading and motivating multidisciplinary teams and in bringing about direction through consensus or consent using diplomacy and persuasion to find common ground and resolution.
* Demonstrable experience in Customer Service, metal manufacturing processes and materials planning is highly desirable.
* Experience of Government / Nuclear contract processing of 3-5 years
* Must be a US citizen due to contract requirements
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.