Customer Service Coordinator Certified- PreOp Clinic, Full-Time, Days 5/2/2020
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR CERTIFIED- PREOP CLINIC, FULL-TIME, DAYS
Chicago, Illinois JOB REQID 1381 JOB FUNCTION Patient Support SHIFT Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better*
The Customer Service Coordinator - Certifiedreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Duties include patient reception, computerized patient registration and order entry, telephone triage, and coordination of patient encounter forms. In addition to these primary functions is also able to provide phlebotomy, EKG, and other specimen collection services and/or instructions as necessary to provide diagnostic testing in an accurate, timely and customer service-oriented fashion.
* Greets and establishes positive first impressions with department patients, establishing a role as patient advocate.
* Provides patient education on NMH and Medicare forms.
* Processes patient paperwork accurately and enhances patient flow through department, generating appropriate patient encounter forms.
* Accurately enters patient information and test requests on department computer systems.
* Answers and appropriately triages department telephone calls.
* Interacts with various hospital departments, physicians, and physician s office staff to capture necessary patient information, tests requested or specimen requirements.
* Encourages teamwork through demonstration of exceptional communication skills.
* Participates in Safety and Infection Control activities. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
* Documents occurrences appropriately and in a timely fashion per the department s Occurrence Management policy.
* Performs Phlebotomy, EKG and Specimen Collection accurately and efficiently.
* Labels and processes specimens according to established protocols and policies.
* Enters collection information into LIS appropriately.
* Utilizes appropriate computer functions to investigate problems and appropriately credit tests in a timely manner.
* Assists in the practical training of RNs, PCTs, and Residents
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Assists in specific process improvement projects.
* Must effectively process adult, geriatric and wheelchair-bound patients.
* Requires interaction with patients of all ages; pediatric, adult and geriatric
* National certification for Phlebotomy: ASCP, NCA or NPA OR Medical Assistant Certification through AAMA, AMT, NCCT OR a Certified Nursing Assistant in IL
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Certificate from accredited Medical Phlebotomy Program or equivalent
* Previous experience with inpatient or outpatient Phlebotomy
* Prior work experience with Hospital and/or Laboratory computer systems
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.