Customer Service Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2020
END DATE 9/22/2020
Tamarack Materials, Inc
Green Bay, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONGMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products, and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure over the phone, face to face and written communication with customers represents the company's culture, values and practices
* Greet customers warmly and determine problems, orders or other reason for calling
* Take orders at the sales counter and over the phone
* Complete sales orders and tender cash sales
* Ability to use company computer system to enter orders
* Develop product knowledge to assist customers with purchases
* Building relationships with customers
* Ensure showroom is clean and properly stocked
* Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
* Ability to ascertain when to pass on a customer's questions to appropriate sales staff for additional product and sales information
* High school diploma or GED required
* Two (2) or four (4) year degree preferred
* Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
* Be comfortable meeting the public
* Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, to coworkers, customers, and vendors
* Must be a team player, demonstrate attention to detail and have good organizational skills
* Exceptional computer skills
* Bilingual a plus: English and Spanish
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of shift
* Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
* Must be able to operate basic office machinery
* Constantly working in an office environment
* Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
* Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
* Must be able to multitask
* Must be able to receive and analyze information
* Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
* Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
* 401k retirement plan
* Paid holidays and vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER..