Customer Service Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/23/2020
END DATE 3/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTION3 month temporary assignment
About the Position:
Summary: Provide product knowledge and account support to customers, internal and external, in a courteous and proactive manner.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
Customer Service Rep - Ensures that customers have a professional and knowledgeable experience in working with Company Affiliates through providing proactive product and service support while maintaining accurate account information.
* Read and understand procedures and instructions on customer service processes.
* Answer calls promptly and courteously.
* Respond to customer correspondences in a timely manner.
* Communicate with the customer in order to determine requirements and expectations.
* Recommend specific products and solutions.
* Enter orders into current order management system that are received via email, fax, online.
* Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
* Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications determinate of customer requirements.
* Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and pricing per customer / distributor.
* Accurately process customer transactions.
* Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, and add-on sales and offering promotional sales items.
* Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
* Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
* Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint.
* Train new customer service / sales employees.
* Manage assigned distributor accounts.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
* Other duties as assigned by management
* Strong attention to detail.
* Proficiency in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software.
* Education: High School diploma or equivalent
* Experience: At least 2 years' experience in internal or external customer service or customer service related administration
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a condition of employment, qualified candidates must successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment drug test.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral of Protected Veterans requested. An Equal Opportunity Employer - Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics protected by law.