Customer Service Representative - Property & Casualty
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/13/2019
END DATE 12/3/2019
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY SUMMARY
Join our team! As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Property and Casualty specializes in four major types of insurance: Homeowners, Dwelling Fire, Condominium, Renter s and Flood. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fourth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.FAPCIG.com
Working in a call center environment, handles property & casualty related customer service and/or billing inquiries and problems. Supports the growth of new business. Uses a variety of computerized data entry systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting. Provides customers with plan coverage information, quotes, policy changes, and policy change impacts to premium.
* Respond to inbound inquiries from potential or current insurance policy holders, national insurance companies and agencies, or national lenders referring business
* Builds ongoing relationships
* Quote and bind P&C policies and related products
* Provide customer service to multiple P&C product queues
* Adheres to compliance guidelines for the National Flood Insurance Program
* Maintains working knowledge of new products
* Meets production and quality control requirements and goals as assigned
* Communicates professionally with all customers and peers
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* Working knowledge of company operating system(s)
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills
* Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times; outstanding phone etiquette
* Strong detail orientation
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Ability to function within tight deadlines, extended hours
* Strong customer service skills
* High school diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
* Either have an Active P&C Insurance Agent License and/or willingness to obtain license within 90-days of employment
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 2+ years customer service experience
* 2+ years in high volume call center
* Property & Casualty insurance knowledge helpful, but not required
* Bilingual Spanish a plus
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..