Customer Service Supervisor 8/20/2020
Eden Prairie, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tennant Company is a recognized leader of the cleaning industry. Since 1870 we have been passionate about developing innovative and sustainable solutions that help our customers clean more spaces more effectively, addressing indoor and outdoor cleaning challenges. Our products include equipment for maintaining surfaces in industrial, commercial and outdoor environments; detergent-free and other sustainable cleaning technologies; cleaning tools and supplies; and coatings for protecting, repairing and upgrading surfaces. With more than $1B in revenue, Tennant Company operates in three geographic business units including the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. Join the company committed to empowering our customers to create a cleaner, safer and healthier world with high-performance cleaning solutions that minimize waste, reduce costs, improve safety and further sustainability goals.
This role supervises and oversees the activities of the Customer Service Representatives ensuring team goals are met. This role purposefully interacts with other internal team members within sales, marketing, supply chain, and operations, focusing on process adherence, collaboration, and innovation across functions to help develop and deliver distinctive value.
* Responsible for performance appraisals, recognition, employee development, and hiring.
* Motivates, mentors, and coaches the CSRs to help them achieve their highest performance level.
* Provides monthly/quarterly/annual reviews of customer service representatives.
* Maintains time and attendance compliance ensuring proper documentation is recorded. Responsible for communicating procedural changes and all team scheduling.
* Plans directs, supervises, and evaluates workflow. Coordinates work activities with the team lead to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements.
* Provides daily direction and communication to employees so that customer service calls are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
* Collaborates with other internal functions as necessary to effectively manage the Customer issue resolution process.
* Provides appropriate support and guidance for escalations involving customer issues.
* Reports and manages any disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy.
* Ensures employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their duties.
* Responsible for staff quality assurance, promoting order accuracy, and customer satisfaction.
* Provides backup support and coordination for the daily operations of the North America Customer Service team.
* Performs constant monitoring of service level compliance and report on operational metrics.
* Assists the manager with the daily operation of the call center to include the development, analyses, and implementation of staffing, training, scheduling, and reward/recognition programs.
* Partners with management to create, document, and implement work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures, and strategic directives to improve efficiencies of CSR's.
* Participates in special projects or performs duties in cross-functional teams as requested
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* Bachelors Degree in business or related discipline preferred or equivalent professional experience.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in customer service or a call center environment.
* Demonstrated excellence in current position for internal candidates.
* SAP experience preferred.
Let us introduce you to Tennant Company. We are everywhere. In your sports clubs, shopping malls, office buildings, parking lots. We make things that make things look like new. We bring new cleaning ideas to market. There is new dirt every day and our machines clean it up. With manufacturing operations and sales, service and support functions across globe, your journey at Tennant can take you places you never expected. If you want to get your hands dirty on a project, step up with your own ideas, or maybe even explore talents you never knew you had, Tennant Company is a place where that can happen. Because at Tennant, we like to think like new. Begin your journey with us. Let's reinvent how the world cleans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.