Customer Support Engineer 8/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Avtec Customer Support
Responsible for interfacing with customers over the telephone and in person in order to analyze and resolve technical, sometimes complex problems. This includes providing technical support and training for Avtec s systems to customers, dealers, and partners. This position is responsible for performing the following duties;
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prioritize and provide customer support and technical issue resolution via e-mail, phone and other electronic medium.
* Determine most cost-effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
* Enter and track issues in a tracking database, keeping customers apprised of work status, and drive all issues to closure.
* Must be able to relay detailed instructions to customers and interpret documents including technical operating manuals and maintenance instructions.
* Escalate product performance issue (software/hardware) within the tools provided (Salesforce, Rally, etc.) and work with Senior Support Engineers and Engineering towards resolution.
* Issue Return Material Authorizations (RMA s) per company policy which may include additional steps to create quotes, placing collection calls, and resolving part number variances.
* Provide after-schedule support on an as needed basis.
* Work collaboratively with the Sales team to support pre-sales system designs and technical presentations.
* Attend software development re-cap meetings and provide input to the Product and Engineering teams.
* Provide on-site customer support service/training on an as needed basis.
* Must be able to travel 10-25% of time.
* Working hours can vary from 8am-7pm (8 hour days)
* Any other duties assigned which are in the best interests of the company.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* Windows OS/Applications configuration and troubleshooting
* IP Network troubleshooting
DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* SQL Database
* IP Radio Technologies
* IP Telephony
* High School Diploma or GED required
* 1+ years experience in software, networking, IT, public safety, or wireless
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.