Customer Support Representative 8/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. #LI-POST
We are looking for a Customer Support Representative (Technical), who will find themselves in one of the most highly supported positions in the business world. With great training, effective leadership, smart process, timely communication, and peer support on the floor, they will be spared no effort to help be successful in their roles. We strive to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction responding to inbound customers via phone, chat or email, troubleshooting technical and non-technical issues. This role will give you the ability to expand your technical understanding of computer and software related applications, operating systems, file structure, and open up the opportunity to get advanced trainings and Microsoft certifications via our Microsoft certified trainers.
Together Carbonite a leader in data protection and Webroot a leader in data security form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
You are great at:
* Passion for providing quality customer service, solving technical problems, and upselling/sales
* Successfully complete technical and product training provided by Certified Carbonite trainers
* Strong familiarity and/or strong aptitude for learning Microsoft Windows and Apple/Mac OS s
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Demonstrated ability of typing with a speed of 30 words per minute
* Passion around technology that allows out of the box thinking, for our often out of the ordinary customer issues
Knowledge and Skills
* Technical High School, or Bachelor s Degree
* Courses in computer programming is a plus.
* Experience with Operating Systems (Windows, Mac OSX, Android)
* Basic understanding of computer hardware and computer terminology
Technology Stack that we work on:
* Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
* Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer
What it takes:
The perfect candidate would:
* Support Carbonite customers experiencing difficulties with our software via phone and online support tools
* Utilize our repository of technical troubleshooting documentation to identify and resolve customer technical issues.
* Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction when responding to inbound customer requests via phone, chat or email.
* Troubleshoot technical and non-technical issues with the tools and skills that we will provide in a 3-week training.
* Identify products and services that our customers need and then close the sale by meeting Carbonite s Quality and Customer Satisfaction metrics.
* Take ownership for the customer experience to help influence their decision to renew or expand upon products and services they have with us. Overcome pre-existing frustrations when needed;
* Stay on top of all information alerts, trainings and process changes that are designed to prepare you for the evolving requirements of the role.
* Become an expert in when and how to escalate customer requests to Tier 2 support, providing actionable information and appropriate documentation for the next agent to efficiently pick up and resolve the issue;
* Assist in documenting new resolutions and ensuring existing knowledgebase articles are up to date by engaging in our Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) process;
* Demonstrate ability to properly use all tools to process and document all customer issues
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com