Cyber Risk Senior Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/27/2020
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
FUSION CENTER / SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER SENIOR CONSULTANT
Are you interested in improving the cyber and organizational risk profiles of leading companies? Do you want to be involved in projects ranging from Fusion Center / Security Operations Center (SOC) strategic development to maturity assessments to implementation of leading threat monitoring, detection and analytics technologies? Can you deal with changing requirements from project to project, learn what you need to get the job done, and produce accurate and timely results?
If yes, then Deloitte s Cyber team could be the place for you! Deloitte s Cyber services help organizations create a cyber-minded culture and become stronger, faster, more innovative, and more resilient in the face of persistent and ever-changing cyber threats.
Join our team of Cyber professionals who focus on helping clients design and implement transformation enterprise security programs with an emphasis on defending against, recovering from, and remediating major cyberattacks.
We are currently hiring experienced talent at all levels from more hands-on Fusion Center / SOC specialists through senior management and thought leaders. As a Cyber Senior Consultant for Deloitte's Cyber services, you ll work with our diverse teams of leading professionals to help design and implement solutions to some of today s toughest cybersecurity challenges so they can achieve business growth and manage risk.
In your role as a Senior Consultant, you will support a team in delivering projects across a variety of cyber topics, including such examples as: * Increasing maturity of key Fusion Center/SOC capabilities across governance, people, processes and technology to proactively monitor, detect, investigate, and respond to known and unknown attacks
* Providing Deloitte s perspective on the latest SOC trends via current state maturity assessment, do now/do next/do later roadmap
* Assisting clients in identifying and deploying security analytics and alerting solutions based on their organizational requirements technical integration with key data inputs (e.g. raw security telemetry coupled with referential data)
* Developing actionable use cases to detect, triage, investigate and remediate based on latest threat actor trends, including actual technical implementation of parsing log sources creating, validating and testing alerting queries to reduce false positives.
* Enhancing and documenting existing SOC processes to increase centralized visibility in order to identify suspicious activity to reduce the mean time to detect and respond to cyber threats.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Demonstrate knowledge of Fusion Center and SOC market trends, competitor activities, Deloitte & Touche s products and service lines
* Drive development and implementation of Fusion Center and SOC strategies targeted on key client s risk and business needs, and enhanced by leading practices across people, processes and technology including current state assessments
* Support the design and implementation of Fusion Center/SOC operating models, identifying, evaluating, and providing solutions to evaluate complex business via a threat based approach
* Facilitate process walkthrough discussions to document end-to-end business processes and functional requirements
* Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
* Design and technically implement threat based use cases in Security Information Event Management (SIEM) and threat analytic systems
* Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects
* Support effective project and program kickoff, identification of all program stakeholders, defining and clarifying program roles and responsibilities.
* Track and communicate engagement performance and planning to Deloitte engagement management, ensuring project milestones remain on track and are completed timely, and escalate risks as appropriate
* Participate actively in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
* Create and design effective presentations as a means for communicating project and deliverable progress to clients
* Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
* Execute advanced services and supervise staff in delivering basic services
* Contribute to Deloitte s thought leadership in client organizations and the external marketplace.
* Work cross-functionally with team members to support and drive a collaborative team environment
* Actively mentor and train team members on Fusion Center/SOC processes, governance, and frameworks
* Adopt a pragmatic approach to dealing with situations where confidentiality is important or where our work is of a sensitive nature. Helping maintain our client s strong professional relationships is integral to our business.
REQUIRED: * 2 + year minimum of work experience in one or more Cyber focus areas such as: Fusion Center/SOC, Network Security, Endpoint Security, Incident Response, Forensics, Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management
* Bachelor of Science/Business Administration with a concentration in computer science, information systems, information security, math, decision sciences, risk management, engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial) or other business/technology disciplines
* Willingness to travel up to 80% required (Mon - Thurs) on a weekly basis (while travel up to 80% is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
* Background and knowledge of general security concepts, such as defense-in-depth, least privilege, security architecture and design, threat modeling, etc.
* Ability to demonstrate an investigative mindset. Not just being able to execute a task but being able to understand the reason for that task, and determine next steps depending on the results while maintaining a firm grasp of the overall goals of the entire process
* Excellent communication, listening & facilitation skills
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United Stated without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
PREFERRED: * Experience interpreting, searching, and manipulating data within enterprise logging solutions (e.g. SIEM, IT Service Management (ITSM) tools, workflow, and automation)
* Certifications; CISSP, CISA, CISM, GCIH, GMON, GCDA, GPEN, GCFA, GCTI
* Experience with consulting skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, project management, etc.)
* Experience with basic programming languages
* Previous Federal consulting experience
* Knowledge of and experience with Federal security regulations, standards, and processes including FISMA, FIPS, NIST, and FedRAMP
* Ability to obtain & maintain any required security clearances
* Demonstrated leadership and team-building abilities
* Demonstrable personal interest in computing, security, and digital communication