Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Engineer Senior (Job ID# 1491388) 8/20/2020
Sayres and Associates Corporation
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY -------------------------
Sayres and Associates Corporation (Sayres) is a dynamic, Native American-owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington Metropolitan District Office's 8(a) Graduate of the Year for 2017, Sayres and Associates Corporation continues to grow in a highly competitive environment while exceeding customers' expectations.
Sayres is seeking a Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Engineer Senior with active Secret security clearance, verifiable in JPAS.
Position is located in San Diego, CA.
Responsibilities, Qualifications & Clearance Requirements
* Provide Information Assurance System Architecture and Engineer (IASAE), cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), cryptographic, COMSEC, and program protection engineering, management and acquisition expertise for life-cycle development, sustainment, and enhancement activities
* Coordinate as necessary with external agencies such as the CNSS, National Security Agency (NSA), Defense Security Services (DSS), Office of National Intelligence (ONI), International Program Offices (IPOs), assessment and authorization processes, certifying authorities, Authorizing Officials (AO), and other IA and IT technical authorities.
* Provide subject matter expertise with certification and accreditation functions to obtain Risk Management Framework (RMF) Authorization to Operate (ATO), and Interim Authorization to Operate (IATO). Update, route, and track RMF packages through the approval process, answer questions and obtain additional information where needed.
* Know and understand the complete security status including threats, mitigations and IA opportunities.
Education, Work Experience, Skills, and Clearance Requirements
* Master of Science degree from an accredited college or university in applied science, computing, engineering, mathematics, physics, management information systems, or other related engineering or computer science discipline.
* Secret security clearance.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience:
* Minimum seven (7) years' experience in Information Assurance (IA) System Architecture and Engineering (IASAE); cryptographic, COMSEC, and program protection engineering, including experience in complex/COMSEC system security requirements flow down and allocation, development, test, certification and operational employment of systems which meet medium to high DoD/National Security System (NSS) standards
* Minimum three (3) years cybersecurity DoD acquisition and management in an Acquisition Category (ACAT) 1 Program
* Minimally combined seven (7) years' experience in two or more of the following areas:
* DoD Program protection policies, processes and compliance, e.g., antitamper, supply chain risk management, critical functional analysis, critical program information assessment, critical technology protection
* Link 16 or other NSS FMS tactical data link or networking technologies
* Secure NSS software engineering/development/test/sustainment
* NSS software defined radio (SDR) engineering
* Minimum seven (7) years of experience working with internal and external stakeholders on COMSEC/cybersecurity/IArelated issues and policy compliance
* Minimum six (6) years of experience evaluating cost and technical proposals
* Minimum three (3) years of experience in NSS testing
* Minimum six (6) years of experience in project and program management activities managing cost, schedule and performance, and identifying and mitigating risks
* Minimum five (5) years of experience with DoD Program Protection policies, processes and compliance, e.g., antitamper, supply chain risk management, critical functional analysis, critical program information assessment, critical technology protection
* Minimum six (6) years of cybersecurity experience with NSS tactical data link technologies (Link 16 preferred) implementation and operation
* Minimum five (5) years of experience interfacing with development and integration labs and operators for NSS and cybersecurity
* Minimum one (1) year of work experience handling COMSEC
Desired knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience:
* Level 2 DoD 8570.1M IA Workforce (IAWF) qualification requirements for Information Assurance Technical (IAT) and ability to achieve completion of IAT Level 3 requirements within 12 months
* Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in applied science, computing, engineering, mathematics, management information systems, or other related engineering or computer science discipline
* Defense Acquisition Level II certification
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering, and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad. Sayres & Associates https://sayresandassociates.applicantpro.com