Cyberspace Exercise Designer (9619) 12/5/2019
Obsidian Solutions Group
Twentynine Palms, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Cyberspace Exercise Designer
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, CA, US
Must be a U.S citizen
Security Clearance: Secret with the ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI
The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events.
The Cyberspace Exercise Designer will assist in developing, integrating, maintaining and analyzing cyberspace integration efforts (management of cyber story-lines/injects) into Marine Corps Tactical Operations Group s (MCTOG) Tactical MAGTF Integration Courses (TMIC) and Battle Staff Training Program (BSTP) adaptive training programs.
* Understand how threat cyberspace efforts impact Marine Expeditionary Brigade (MEB) networks throughout the range of military operations (Forcible Access, Crisis Response, Security Cooperation etc.).
* Responsible to Exercise Control (ExCon) officer in charge (OIC), who is assisted by the Design Team Lead to develop, synchronize, and manage storylines and Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) injects to provide realistic training scenarios for training units/audiences.
* Provide analysis, assessments, and recommendations on cyberspace efforts integration into the exercise to the Exercise Design Team Lead/ExCon OIC.
* Participate in MCTOG, Marine Air Ground Task Force Training Command (MAGTFTC), Marine Aviation Weapons Tactics Squadron-One (MAWTS-1), Marine Corps Logistics Operations Group (MCLOG), Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center (MWTC) and Marine Staff Training Program (MSTP) conferences to facilitate long term planning in order to optimize asset allocation and storyline synchronization.
* Monitor development of geographically correct and reality-based threat EM/cyber scenarios, threads, and injects to facilitate ground operations for inclusion into Joint Master Scenario Events List (JMSEL) during exercises.
* Guide the research and development of realistic exercise-related cyber intelligence products that support the exercise s objectives and influence the operations process (e.g. design process, Marine Corps Planning Process (MCPP), targeting cycle, assessment process).
* Prioritize and coordinate daily and long-term efforts with assigned intelligence OIC or his/her designated representative.
* Prepare reports, briefs, and instructions to MCTOG s students and staff and conduct presentations and platform instruction as directed.
* Prioritize and coordinate essential tasks required to support MCTOG s participation in Marine Corps Battle Staff Training Program (BSTP) conducted during Mission Rehearsals Exercise/Command Post Exercises (MRX/CPXs).
* Supervise the development of geographically specific and reality-based cyberspace scenarios, threads, and injects to facilitate cyber operations for inclusion into Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) during MRX.
* Participate in exercise planning conferences to ensure early contact with deploying forces to facilitate pre-deployment training and MRX preparation.
* Mentor ground combat element regimental and battalion staffs to consider cyberspace effects in planning in coordination with the units Intelligence, Operations, Information Operations, Fires, and Communications sections. Coordinate and provide cyber training and Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to Marine Corps SP MAGTF units prior to, during, and post MRX as required.
* Support cyberspace Programs of Instruction (POI) development through development of contemporary and emerging cyberspace practical application scenarios.
* Maintain liaison with MARFORCYBER, MCSB, MCNOSC, CEWID, and MCIOC in order to sustain the MCTOG Cyberspace Operations incorporation s relevancy and accuracy.
* Performs as a HICON and expert response cell role ISO exercises.
* Exercise a unit s cyberspace and information operations actions through geographically correct and reality-based threat Electromagnetic (EM) and cyberspace scenarios, threads, and injects to create catalysts.
* Contributes to exercise orders, CONOPs, and operations process cycles across all six warfighter functions and social media.
Knowledge and Skills
* Excellent writing and speaking skills.
* Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
* Possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively under a minimum level of supervision.
* Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor s degree in a relevant field and 10 years of experience with specialized training desired; 20 plus years preferred, or a Master s Degree and 18 years of experience with specialized training is preferred.
* A combination of education and experience to achieve required abilities is considered critical for the successful performance in this position.
* Service on senior military staff; experience conducting Joint and Marine Corps Planning Processes both deliberate and rapid planning processes required.
* Served in key billet within battalion level operations required.
* Knowledge of Joint and USMC targeting processes required.
* Experience with Interagency and other governmental entities to include elements of Cyber Command preferred.
* Experience with Joint Exercise Community a plus.
* Career Level School (Expeditionary Warfare School (EWS)) and/or Intermediate Level School (Command & Staff equivalent) is preferred for those with an officer background. USMC Staff NCO Academy and Infantry Unit Leader Course (IULC) (or equivalent) is preferred for those with an enlisted background.
* Former military officer or senior staff NCO with operations and training experience USMC background highly preferred.
* One or more deployments to expeditionary or contingency operations required. Deployments to OIF/OEF highly preferred.
* Experience in Joint planning, doctrine and operations.
* IAT Level II qualified.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
* occasional field/tactical environments
* occasional extended working hours will be required
* schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance.
* Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including