Data Abstractor II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/5/2019
END DATE 12/6/2019
HSC - Quality Abstracting and Reporting
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: Work From Home
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. Last year alone, over 45% of our net revenue was spent on continuing education opportunities for our colleagues
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
· 100% matching 401k based on years of service
· Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement Programs
· Consumer discounts on hundreds of goods and services
· Leadership development programs
· Auto, Home, and Life insurance options
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
· Medical and childcare flex spending accounts
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be a part of our Data Abstraction team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
As a data abstractor, you will be responsible for abstraction of data for complex core measures, complex cardiovascular services and infectious disease data.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* Completes abstraction process for assigned facility (ies), including abstraction of cases into the required system (e.g., COMET, TheraDoc, Digital Innovations, NHSN, etc.).
* Responsible for reviewing medical records to abstract information according to the standards of various regulatory and accreditation agencies (e.g., CMS, TJC, NHSN, etc.).
* Submit data timely through the appropriate reporting system.
* Resolve errors resulting in the rejection of records from the data entry system.
Undergraduate (Associate or Bachelor) degree in a healthcare related field required. Extensive experience (5 years or more) may be considered in lieu of formal education.
Completion of a certified coding or nursing program preferred.
1-3 years in Health Information Management; Coding, Nursing, and/or Health Registry abstraction experience required.
Parallon is an INDUSTRY LEADER in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a WORLD'S MOST ETHICAL COMPANY by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.