Data Architect (CO, Fort Collins) 5/2/2020
Tuknik Government Services
Fort Collins, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Tuknik Government Services (TGS) currently has an opening for a Data Architect to support our government client in Fort Collins, CO. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
This position will be part of a team supporting a Federal Client in managing a large-scale IT modernization project, by providing data management, governance and advisory services. The ideal candidate will possess subject matter expertise in the design, development, delivery, documentation, and creation of enterprise data architecture solutions.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Work across multiple operational and technical disciplines and provide direction and oversight through product development life cycle
* Serve as the subject matter expert with standardizing system architecture and/or platforms
* Work with data modeling/database development experience
* Provide specifications correlating to how technical solutions are defined, managed and delivered
* Be a true thought leader willing to both learn, implement, and educate clients on technology design and changes and can streamline discussions and thoughts into clear goals, objectives, actionable items and outcomes
* Must possess critical thinking to analyze and assess complex scenarios and technologies.
* Must be flexible, and able and willing to change and compromise, frequently and without notice, throughout the day, during projects and within meetings.
* Must communicate accurately, efficiently and timely via all professional modes such as calls, email, presentations and other collaboration technologies.
* Must possess integrity, openness and honesty and collaborate effectively as a trusted partner with our clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* 5+ years of experience working in and supporting a cloud-based data environment
* 5+ years of experience designing and querying relational databases
* Proficiency and experience in writing SQL, and ETL process
* Proficiency in an Object-Oriented Programming language, especially Python.
* Experience with Telecommunications and/or Network Traffic data is a plus
* Relevant experience with API connections, Web Apps / Portals, Continuous Integration & Delivery, and SOA are a plus
* Experience with R and statistical analysis and forecasting methods is a plus.
* Familiarity with Alteryx and Tableau
* Bachelor s degree in IT/IS, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics - Preferred
* Relevant experience and/or certifications - Will be considered
Able to comprehend new concepts, ask pertinent questions, and execute and document ideas and concepts with minimal day-to-day direction
Excellent time management skills, ensuring that schedules, milestones and appropriate deliverables are set and completed on time
Able to mitigate and mediate complex business requirements and/or politically charged issues and able to quickly change direction based on updated client specifications or system limitations
Be a self-starter & thought leader and able to drive personal and team accountability
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.
Security Clearance Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
About our Company
Offering innovative and cutting-edge IT, Environmental Resource Management and Professional Services solutions, Tuknik Government Services is uniquely positioned in the federal marketplace. An ANC 8(a)-certified program combined with the full corporate support of Koniag Inc.'s Government Services Sector, TGS is backed by a full range of industry partners. Innovative technology, highly qualified professionals and proven processes are the hallmarks of TGS. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our clients and maintaining a supportive environment for team members and partners.