Data Center Program Manager 6/5/2020
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Field:
Facility Management - Critical Environment
Length of Assignment:
We are currently seeking a Data Center Program Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Critical Facilities Team in Piscataway, NJ.
The Data Center Strategic Projects Program Manager is responsible for supporting the FO Data Center Teams project s objectives. S/he works closely with the data center leadership team to define the project objectives, create a plan for and executing the plan to achieve those objectives. The Program Manager has a working knowledge of the technical and organizational environments in which the project deliverables are created and in which they will be used. The candidate must be an excellent communicator at all levels within the project environment, be proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities and be able to adapt to a dynamic and potentially geographically disbursed project environment.
* Document and implement data center standards guidelines, run books, training manuals and workflows to align the team with industry best practices
* Develop data center site and resource metrics to track utilization, output and project completion data for monthly business reviews
* Development and maintenance of a central SharePoint document repository. Maintain the organizations and client s policies, procedures and facilities documentation
* Assist with client relationships and process improvement as data is transferred between Schneider and our customers
* Assists and plans with clients on raised floor data center issues
* Provides financial oversight of the operation by creating budgets, approving expenditures, monitoring and negotiating vendor contracts
* Align checkpoint and documentation with finance teams to create, track and forecast monthly OPEX costs
* Establishes performance benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the raised floor operations programs
* Coordinates with all other groups both with Schneider Electric and the client (sales, finance, executive staff, projects/facilities, etc.) to accomplish goals and objectives
* Responsible for data center environmental health and safety
* Works with Human Resources to staff, recruit, interview, select and hire the appropriate number of employees for data center support
* Manages staff to adhere to the scope of work and meet contractual requirement including managing hours for overtime in accordance with the contract
* Manage shift schedules, work activities, team, and individual meetings, site operational readiness
* Partners with Customer and Facilities staff to plan for and provision appropriate data center IT equipment space, power, and cooling requirements and requests
* Responsible to Plan, maintain, update, and report on data center raised floor plans using DCIM Tool
* Manages the provisioning of weekly/monthly KPI Reports - status reporting regarding data center service availability, performance, capacity utilization, etc. as needed
* Ensures Standard Operating Procedures, support processes and training materials are in place for service delivery
* Supports standard and emergency operating procedures for data center
* Ensures staff provides detailed and thorough documentation and record keeping
* Provides oversite of Daily error log reporting and physical DC inspections for general health, power, cooling, hazards, etc.
* All other job duties as assigned
* At least 4 years of data center management experience
* Technical Certification or equivalent work experience (3 to 4 years experience) working in a data center
* Advanced knowledge of data center building infrastructure (CRACS, GENS, PDUs, UPS)
* Advanced knowledge of electrical concepts (Power Distribution, Redundancy, Wiring)
* Advanced Hands on experience working with IT Infrastructure (Racks, Powers Strips, Servers, Network Hardware)
* Working knowledge of copper and fiber infrastructure installation and testing
* Advanced knowledge of Data Center Infrastructure Management tools
* Must be able to work at heights, using a ladder and in confined spaces, lift and/or move 50 to 75 lbs.
* Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, PPT, SharePoint, Visio)
* Strong managerial acumen and leading a team
* Quick learner, ability to multitask, extremely detail oriented, comfortable under pressure and tight deadlines
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
* Back Share