Data Engineer - Work From Home 8/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Alight unlocks enterprise growth for the world s most influential companies with future ready human capital and business solutions. We combine industry leading data and insights with unmatched depth and operational expertise to improve the employee experience and optimize cloud-enabled business processes. Our 15,000 colleagues proudly serve thousands of clients and their more than 30 million employees and family members throughout 180 countries. Learn how Alight helps organizations of all sizes, including over 70% of the Fortune 100, achieve next level transformation at alight.com.
This is a virtual / remote / work from home opportunity that is available anywhere in the US and Canada.
HIGH LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
* 4+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering, Hands on experience with AWS based solutions such as EMR, S3, RDS, Lambda, Dynamodb, Redshift, EC2., Experience and tools/frameworks within the big Data ecosystem, Experienced in Agile methodologies.
* Proficiency in one of the scripting languages such as Shell/Python/Scala/Java.
* Good understanding of Big Data technology trends, with knowledge of technologies such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Hive, pySpark.
* Experience in version control systems such as Git, GitLab, etc.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. 1+ years of experience using Cloud technologies and AWS Cloud Services certification
* Experience with Analytical/Reporting Solutions like Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI
* Understands best practices in software engineering, data management, data storage, data compute, and distributed systems
* Apply cloud-based AWS services to solve challenging problems around: big data processing, data warehouse design, and BI self-service
* Focuses on automation and optimization for all areas of DW/ETL maintenance and deployment
* Comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve. Comfortable presenting findings to leadership
* Design, develop, and operate highly-scalable, high-performance, low-cost, and accurate data pipelines in distributed data processing platforms with AWS/cloud technologies
* Adopt next-generation data architecture strategies, proposing both data flows and storage solutions
* Collaborate with Engineers and Scientists in the organization to construct complex data sources for algorithms and machine learning models
* Build, analyze and present actionable data to drive marketing business development and product management decisions
* Keep up to date with big data technologies, evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products to design the data architecture
* Collaborate with Business Intelligence Engineers to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* 4+ years of experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, data modeling, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT, reporting/analytic tools and extracting value from large datasets
* Experience with Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Presto, Hue, Spark, Scala and solutions in AWS/Azure
* Proficiency in Python or other similar languages
* Strong understanding of scaling, performance and scheduling, batch and streaming data architecture
* Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Experience on data platform re-architecture projects or handling operational excellence in DW via automation
* Experience communicating with management as well as with colleagues from engineering, analytics, and business backgrounds
* Strong technical and analytical aptitude; Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer..