Data Migration Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/28/2020
END DATE 7/26/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONNOTICE: Rev.io cares about the health of all our candidates, and of our shared community. Due to the ongoing social distancing associated with the COVID-19 outbreak, all interviews will be held remotely via a Zoom connection that will be provided by the Rev.io Recruiting team. Additionally, all new roles could also start remotely and will transition onsite as soon as possible. Click here to review and polish your virtual interview skills!
Rev.io is a software-as-a-service company that develops innovative billing, CRM and management solutions. This is a dynamic role with a responsibility for the detailed project management, gathering business requirements for development and facilitating the onboarding process for our clients and 3rd party vendors. Overcoming obstacles and driving deadlines both internally and externally will be a big part of the role, as deliverables for the overall project are assigned to our clients, 3rd party vendors, and internal resources. The role requires you to be a self-driven, highly motivated individual with strong customer facing, teamwork, and support skills.
POSITION: DATA MIGRATION ENGINEER
The Migration Engineer serves an essential role in Rev.io by providing BI, Reporting and data migration support for the Rev.io platform and associated products. Migration Engineers will perform many steps in the data migration life cycle, from documenting requirements to implementing and delivering solutions to Rev.io s user base. The role will be cross-functional with other departments and will participate in all standard activities of a full-time employee.
RESPONSIBILITIES * Implements client-driven reporting and data migration needs within the Rev.io platform with exposure to user interface and database changes.
* Responsible for working with teammates and clients to determine innovative solutions to problems experienced when installing new customers.
* Designs and constructs statements of work which document expected functionality.
* Involved in the database testing and will actively participate in workflows involving business intelligence and reporting.
* Will gain exposure to large customer data sets involved in product migrations, and will be responsible for helping data flow into Rev.io from legacy customer systems.
* Hands-on experience working with live client systems and configuring real production environments.
Uses cutting-edge technology in the workplace including: * Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
* Full Microsoft Stack (Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server 2014, HTML5/JS)
Part of a small, but fast-moving team where constant communication and self-driven learners are key. Attends all scheduled items on a full-time Migration Engineer s schedule, including analysis meetings, customer calls, internal development sessions, and team meetings.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS * Bachelor s degree in Database Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Science, or other database and software development-focused majors (preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: * 2+ years exposure to Object-Oriented Programming
* Strong in SQL
* Strong communicator, self-driven, and ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to come in to the office and work with the team
* Strong debugging skills
Powered by JazzHR