Database Administrator/Developer, Junior-level
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/5/2020
END DATE 7/2/2020
Virginia Beach, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
Mythics is seeking a Database Administrator/Developer, Junior-level with a development experience using SQL, PL/SQL and Apex. This person will be responsible for building new and/or upgraded solutions and maintaining current implementations. This resource will serve as a support engineer for integrating IT services and other critical IT issues in the realm of database services and data integrity protection. He/she will be responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including managing mission critical database applications, backup & recovery, database security, tier 2 support, troubleshooting and maintenance.
* The ideal candidate will have experience in migrating applications to cloud environment
* Detail-oriented and organized with strong quantitative and analytic skills
* Good interpersonal, written, oral communication and technical documentation skills
* Ability and desire to learn new technologies and apply new skills
* Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
* Database Backup & Recovery, DR support, ORACLE Server Agent/maintenance plans
* Database Management and security
* Experience working with large databases
* Experience with one or more DevOps tools/environments and associated methodologies, including JIRA, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, etc.
* Ability to work as a collaborative team member
* This role will require an individual to support the full lifecycle development of custom Oracle applications using Oracle APEX, PL/SQL and the Oracle Database
* Must be a US Citizen
* BA or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred and/or equivalent work experience
* 5 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
* Experience working in a clustered Windows/Linux environment
* Support development and integration of ORACLE database services in an enterprise environment
* Supporting software engineering product teams by providing DevSecOps engineering support
* Supporting software design and development teams
* SQL and PL/SQL Programming
* 3-5 years experience in Perl/Bash/Java scripts
* 3+ years experience in AWS, Azure or OCI cloud environment
* Additional Oracle Certifications a plus
Why work at Mythics*
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect Empathy Excellence Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
* Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
* Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching and a 529 college saving plan
* Tax-advantaged Health Savings Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account options
* Generous PTO bank and paid holidays
* Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
* Engaging company events such as quarterly awards, annual kick off parties, and FUN Fridays (early release once a month)
* Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
* Community Service activities and charitable giving programs
* Our GREEN approach tracking energy consumption for reduction and purchasing only environmentally friendly products for our offices
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It s a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the EEO is the Law Poster here.