Delivery Driver (CDL B)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/4/2020
END DATE 3/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF A PASSIONATE AND HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD?
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS A DELIVERY DRIVER (CDL B) IN
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As the face of Airgas, the Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided straight or box truck. The Delivery Driver loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
* Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer locations. Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
* Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
* Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customers assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
* Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
* Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents by ensuring they are properly completed and reconciled with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, vehicle placards, cylinder labeling and load nesting and strapping at all times comply with Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR) and all government regulations including, but not limited to, those issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
* Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies, ensures all safety items are in good working order.
* Strictly observes all safety rules and promptly reports any accidents or injuries to management.
* Operates a pallet jack, forklift and other warehouse equipment.
* Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
* The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Valid Class B Commercial Drivers License.
* Valid USDOT Medical Examiners Certificate (card).
* Hazmat Endorsement (H or X Endorsement).
* Ability to operate a vehicle with an air brake system (no air brake restrictions on CDL).
* May consider individuals with the ability to acquire a Hazmat Endorsement or the skill to operate air brake systems as a condition of employment.
* Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) DOT moving violation and no more than two (2) DMV moving violations in a personal vehicle within the last three (3) years.
* In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
* Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industries preferred.
* Familiarity with onboard computers preferred.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
* Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and employees as well as legibly write.
* Must have a high attention to detail.
* Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
* Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in various units of measure to include whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Basic mathematical knowledge, ability to calculate ratios and percentages with a calculator.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this positions responsibilities.
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
CHECK OUT WHAT A CAREER AT AIRGAS CAN OFFER YOU!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability