Delivery Driver-CDL 6/4/2020
Cherokee Building Materials, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The primary function of a delivery driver is to safely and efficiently operate a commercial motor vehicle in compliance with company policies along with Federal and State regulations and delivers all freight undamaged. Work as a team player to deliver, load/unload materials while providing a world-class customer service experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Inspect truck/trailer for defects for safe operation
* Safely load building materials onto flatbed or boom truck and unload products at commercial and residential job sites
* Deliver materials to assigned area as directed by the customer while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
* Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations
* Must report all accidents involving driver or company equipment
* Stamina to lift heavy building materials up to 100+ lbs. for load/unload
* Excellent customer service skills and professional attitude
* Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
* Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
* High School diploma or GED
* Must have a valid commercial driver's license (CDL)
* Minimum Class B License, Class A strongly preferred
* Must have a clear three (3) year Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
* Must have overall knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
* Must be able to remain in stationary position while driving commercial vehicle 40%
* Constantly, moving from unloading materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
* Constantly, operates commercial motor vehicle and/or boom vehicle
* Constantly, positions self to unload materials from flatbed or boom
* Must be able to judge distance while delivering materials and/or operating boom
* Frequently moves materials weighing up to 80lbs while unloading flatbed
* Must be able to communicate with management and coworkers and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
* Constantly working in an outside environment while making deliveries
* Must be able to prioritize job sites and deadlines
* Must be able to manage stress depending on customer's deadline
* Must be able to multitask
* Must be able to receive information and directions
* Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
* Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgment
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
* Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Boom or Crane Experience
High School or better.
License & Certification
Commercial Driver License..