Deposit Operations - New York Analyst 8/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: The Deposit Operations - New York Team Analyst works in a team environment to support the day-to-day operational activities within the New York Operations unit of Deposit Operations. The Deposit Operations - New York Unit is responsible for critical operational functions identified for business continuity purposes and load balancing of day-to-day functions handled by various Deposit Operations units.
The Analyst ensures all assigned Deposit Operations functions are appropriately handled; especially during a storm event when Florida Deposit Operations team is unavailable to perform the functions. The Analyst responds to and resolves internal customer/business partner inquiries with an emphasis on customer satisfaction and problem resolution; establishes and maintains rapport with internal customers/business partners to provide the best possible service; recommends and provides feedback for improvements to processes and procedures.
Additionally, the Analyst may be cross-trained and assume various Team Lead functions during high volume production periods or when the Team Lead is out of the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* The key functions assigned to this unit will be those initiatives defined by the Bank as 'operationally critical'. The assigned functions may include, but are not limited to, the following: Wire Room activities, ACH Exceptions Handling, High Dollar Review, Verification of Deposits, Unposted Items, Stop Payments, Incoming and Outgoing Returns processing, Adjustments, Research and Closed Account Charge-offs.
* Ensures that assigned functions are effectively handled while maintaining optimal departmental workflow between New York and Florida operational units.
* Advises Team Lead and/or Manager on the status of assigned operational functions.
* Prepares and processes BTE's, G/L entries and daily work papers for assigned operational functions.
* Advises Team Lead and/or Manager of deviations from standard operating procedures, provides sound recommendations to address potential risks and works with the management team to correct identified issues.
* Maintains compliance and conforms to bank standard procedures, practices and government regulations.
* Advises Team Lead and/or Manager and makes recommendations on operational, compliance, fraud, risk and audit concerns.
* Works with Team Lead and/or Manager to develop, test evaluate and execute the department's disaster recovery/business continuity plan.
* May be required to work remotely or travel to a different location to perform functions in a disaster recovery/business continuity situation.
* Analyzes processes, identifies opportunities and recommends process streamlining to create efficiencies and increase revenue.
* Handles department inquiries, investigations, special requests, problem resolution and complaints in a timely manner.
* Communicates information and ideas in an easy-to-understand manner.
* Communicates with other departments and management to resolve problems and expedite work
* Supports audit and compliance functions whether internal or external including quality assurance reviews.
* Ensures that daily work and applicable reports are completed, balanced and reconciled to associated general
* ledger accounts as per documented desk procedures.
* Immediately notifies Team Lead and/or Manager of any unresolved differences. Researches discrepancies within specified timeframes and in accordance with bank standards and regulatory requirements.
* Participates in assigned projects and initiatives in various roles (SME, Tester, etc.) ensuring timely completion of deliverables.
* Makes efficient use of time and the time of others.Actively seeks ways to assist co-workers and internal customers/business partners.
* Ensures that reports are accurate, analyzes report data and makes recommendations based on data reviewed.
* Assists Team Lead and/or Manager with the creation of specialized reports, spreadsheets, graphs and charts.
* Ensures that all assigned functions are completed as per established Service Level agreements (SLA's).
* May serve as a back-up to various Team Lead functions.
* Additional responsibilities or miscellaneous duties as assigned by Management.
* Adheres to and complies with applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, etc.).
* Adheres to Bank policies and procedures and completes required training.
* Identifies and reports suspicious activity.
In addition to all duties mentioned in Level I, the Level II Deposit Operations -- New York Analyst duties and responsibilities include:
* Has been trained and has the ability and technical knowledge to perform above duties in two or more Deposit Operations - New York areas.
* May serve as a back-up in another Deposit Operations - New York area for short or extended periods.
* May be required to periodically rotate throughout multiple Deposit Operations - New York areas.
* Has the ability and may be required to perform duties for multiple Deposit Operations - New York areas simultaneously.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent with three to five years related experience in a Commercial banking or Deposit Operations environment. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Proven tactical skills, excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability. Effective communications skills are critical requirement of this position. Knowledge of internal systems and organization policies and procedures preferred. The individual must possess a demonstrated ability to champion and support operational efforts. The position requires the ability to effectively collaborate with others and accept challenging assignments.
BankUnited is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. BankUnited does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.