Designer, Women's Ready-to-Wear
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/23/2020
END DATE 2/20/2020
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONCoach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Primary Purpose: The Designer will work with Senior Designer and RTW tean to initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven, reflective of the creative vision and Coach aesthetic. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Design to
* Partner with Senior Designer and Sr Design Director to create sketches and product prototypes throughout the conceptual design process.
* Create design flats, pattern layouts, tech packs, embellishment artworks using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
* Partner with senior management to refine seasonal concept, materials, hardware, and color palette for RTW collections
* Maintain and track all designs in Product Lifecycle Management system
* Track and lead the coordination of confirmation and engineering samples
* Complete all Hardware Cards and color palettes for design review and production development process
* Build and update design presentation boards and assist in the preparation of meetings
* Collaborate cross-functionally with Merchandising, Sourcing, and Product Development on regular basis. Participate in meetings with cross-functional category partners.
The accomplished individual will possess
* Must possess a strong fashion sense and have the ability to interpret trends
* Excellent interpersonal, communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
* Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
* Strong attention to detail
* Must be flexible with the ability to self-manage and handle multiple priorities at once
* Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative
An outstanding professional will have
* Bachelor s Degree in Design or related field
* 3-5 years' experience designing Women s RTW / Outerwear
* Ability to build Tech Pack & Artwork of embellishment
* Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
* Extensive knowledge of garment construction, including pattern making, sewing and draping
* Proven ability to sketch, spec, drape, embroidery, embellishment and communicate silhouette and ideas clearly
* Experience working with cross-functional teams
* Understanding of materials, hardware, leather required
* Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
* Fashion/luxury brand experience preferred. Runway experience a plus
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn t upset when things are up in the air; doesn t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team. * Managerial Courage: Doesn t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.