Deskside Support Specialist VIP 9/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: THE EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES AND SECURITY (EOTSS) is the state s lead office for information technology. We provide enterprise level information technology services including: network management and security; computer operations; application hosting; desktop provisioning and management; and, modern and responsive digital services to 40,000 internal stakeholders plus the residents, business owners and visitors to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. ABOUT THE ROLE: The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is seeking to hire a VIP DESKSIDE SUPPORT SPECIALIST to join our IT Desktop Support team . The VIP Deskside Support Specialist will ensure IT issues are addressed, resolved, escalated, communicated and tracked while focusing on customer service and end user satisfaction. This role will support our most senior level customers, providing the highest level of customer service. Additionally, the VIP specialist will independently analyze and resolve desktop and LAN/WAN issues for end users, resolving tier 1 and 2 issues within service level agreement guidelines. This position will require limited travel to various sites as needed/ requested. ASSET MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES : * Deploy, repair, test and inventory software
* Maintain inventories of all EOTSS IT assets
* Implement EOTSS IT enterprise images for PC s (Desktop/Laptop)
* Install operating systems and software; patch systems and protect against viruses/malware
* Install, configure, and troubleshoot devices; utilize IT tools for remote management of desktops and laptops, track inventory, push patches and upgrades
TECHNICAL & DESKTOP SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES : * Provide user friendly, on-hand support to the users in multiple locations
* Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of desktop, LAN and other miscellaneous hardware equipment problems for end users
* Analyze and resolve tier 1 and 2 issues within Service Level Agreement guidelines.
* Determine if escalation of request to tier 3 subject matter experts is required and escalate within Service Level Agreement guidelines.
* Inform customers on the status of their requests and ensure customer satisfaction
* Handle tickets effectively within timeframes outlined in service level objectives
* Assist Telecom with movement of IP phones as required
* Act as the contact person for office wiring/cable installations
* Assist with:Local backup and restore process to include swapping tapes, restoring files, and transfer of mediaTroubleshooting and resolving Network issuesMonitoring and maintaining the health and integrity of the networkLocal backup and restore processSite specific projects as related to network infrastructure & server support
* Install, configure and support state issued mobile devices and other tech devices such as iPads and tablets
* Perform system analysis and troubleshooting functions as they relate to the LAN/WAN infrastructure
* Install and maintain communication connections between workstations, printers, etc.
* Assist in server installation/maintenance and act as liaison between vendors and third level support for LAN/WAN peripherals such as switches, routers, modems, hubs etc.
ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT/WORKFLOW RESPONSIBILITIES : * Work collaboratively with internal and external groups to improve overall customer service and support
* Perform timely response and support during scheduled and authorized non-business hours
* Clearly communicate and/or escalate any IT operations issues or disruptions (planned or unplanned) to minimize user impact
* Complete all activities within EOTSS security policies and practices to ensure the safety and privacy of data, its clients and its resources.
* Attend training sessions as required to keep abreast of emerging technologies
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: * 5+ years of experience supporting Microsoft Operating Systems; preferably in a service desk environment with a help desk ticketing system and call queue
* Proven Ability to handle high pressure scenarios in a timely fashion
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands
* Demonstrated knowledge of Analysis Tools/Commands
* Demonstrated knowledge of system and network security protocols
* Demonstrated ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve hardware issues independently and assess all tickets to improve workflows moving forward
* Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Desktop Operating Systems & PC hardware configuration skills
* Experience with Active Directory account creation, password resets, distribution groups and other AD functions; Experience with group policy; managing and creating policies
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (including O365, EMS, and Azure)
* Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards
* Strong knowledge of network technologies involving Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
* Understanding of WAN, LAN, and VPN network protocols such as TCP/IP and network diagnostic tools and techniques
* Experience facilitating new user setups including but not limited to phone setup, network port activation and testing, PC setup, network account creation, etc.
* Experience deploying/imaging desktops and laptops and performing hardware diagnostics
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Strong service orientation and time management skills
* Valid driver s license and ability to lift up to 35lbs
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS: * Bachelor s Degree in computer science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent work experience
* A+, Network +, or other IT industry standard certifications desirable
THE PRIMARY WORK LOCATION FOR THIS ROLE WILL BE AT 19 STANIFORD STREET BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS 02114. *SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON THE OPERATIONAL NEEDS OF THE BUSINESS. THIS ROLE IS EXPECTED TO PERFORM AFTER HOURS SUPPORT AS AUTHORIZED AND REQUIRED. ALL OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT INTO THIS POSITION ARE CONDITIONAL AND SUBJECT TO PASSING: A MASSACHUSETTS CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK (CORI); A SECURITY CLEARANCE (FINGERPRINTING) CONSISTENT WITH IRS AND/OR PUBLIC SAFETY REQUIREMENTS; AND SECURITY TRAINING. FIRST CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO THOSE APPLICANTS THAT APPLY WITHIN THE FIRST 14 DAYS.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.