Deskside Support Technician 5/2/2020
NCI Information Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID 2020-4530
US-VA-Arlington | US-VA-Alexandria | US-VA-Hampton
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. NCI's AI solution, Shai(tm), scales humans with artificial intelligence by empowering the workforce to meet their mission by using best in class AI solutions coupled with our exceptional service offerings. Working with strategic partners, NCI is committed to bringing commercial innovation to missions of national importance. NCI is a mid-tier systems integrator headquartered in Reston, VA, and operates at locations across the globe.
NCI has been designated a 2020 Military Friendly Employer by MilitaryFriendly.com
NCI: As the Deskside Support Technician, you will act as a model of customer service excellence to all organizational staff members in supporting the Joint Service Provider (JSP) user community and you will interact daily with the customer to ensure productivity and provide resolution to IT issues that the end-users may have with existing desktops, laptops, software installations issues, and other critical needs. The Deskside Support Technician is predicated on analytical and planning experience and using sound judgment, as well as the application of pre-established workflow procedures and instructions to identify research and resolve technical problems. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Provides technical support for system users.
* Designs, analyzes, and maintains highly complex enterprise infrastructure environments
* Troubleshoots, assesses, and analyzes infrastructure components to resolve reported malfunctions.
* Organize training session for staff on the usage of new software/ applications and hardware
* Carryout diagnosis and repair of network-related problems
* Bring up-to-date and preserve computer inventory and surplus equipment
* Make sure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with various systems
* Preserve passwords, data integrity and file system security for the computing environment
* Vouch for and implement upgrades on systems to guarantee longevity
* Ascertain and repair hardware and network connectivity issues
* Support for technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop systems
* Assist in testing and deployment of new applications and systems
* Maintain an excellent level of customer service, ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in appropriate manner
* Maintain outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate seamlessly with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
* Resolve issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent solutions
* Accurately record, update, and document requests using the IT service desk system and any other duties as assigned by the company.
* Clearance Required: US Department of Defense (DOD) issued Secret clearance.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Required Education and Experience:
* Required Experience: 5 or more years of professional experience supporting PC hardware and software systems.
* Required Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent, including consideration of vendor certification in the technology being applied such as Microsoft MCP or Novell CNE.
* Certification: CompTIA Security+ , and ITIL v3 Foundations AND HDI Desktop Support Manager or A+ related certifications relevant to personnel roles/responsibilities.
* ITILv3 Foundation minimum certification preferred.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
* Sitting for long periods
* Standing for long periods
* Ambulate throughout an office
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
* Repeatedly lift and carry weight up to 50 pounds
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.