Desktop Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/24/2020
END DATE 4/30/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: Position is located at 1135 Tremont St.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 34067BR
JOB SUMMARY: Designs and delivers network implementation, support, migration and upgrade services to client workstations and customers.
* Contributes to the direction, planning, installation, maintenance and technical support of the CareGroup/BIDMC desktop enterprise computing environment, Windows 2008/SCCM domain.
* Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, implements and maintains software systems including, but not limited to, client server (object and component based development) and Mobile Device Management, develops and maintains GUI design and development as well as system design and development; contributes to special projects.
* Coordinates and improves the application development process. Develops and manages the Microsoft technology strategy, architecture and development plans for CareGroup/BIDMC and is responsible for the current and future development of Desktop Management, Domain Infrastructure, Back-Office Services and Mobile Device Management technologies.
* Examines key products, services, and suppliers and vendors and contributes to the development of a comprehensive strategy and managed desktop environment based on SCCM and other remote management technologies (current and future).
* Reviews systems logs and reports to detect recurring slowdowns or errors performing root cause analysis and resolution and provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from other IS teams regarding errors, problems, or technical/technology questions. Researches and designs new technical solutions to improve and/or integrate systems
* Vocational or Technical training required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Experience with distributed systems and/or 3 years experience as Microsoft Systems Administrator or Desktop Engineer or MCSE with minimum 3 years IS technical experience including LAN/WAN design/management.
* Experience in designing and deploying Microsoft solutions using automated scripting tools.
* Knowledge and experience with System Scripting/Programming. General knowledge with all aspects of Information technology (Network, Server, Desktop, etc)
* Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.