Development Team Leader 8/22/2020
Atlas Copco Comptec LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 805-928-5757.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Atlas Copco Comptec LLC, located in Voorheesville, NY, is seeking a Development Team Leader. The primary objectives of this position include:
Oversee the development of efficient and cost effective products and components. Facilitate the release of new products into production through the design review process and the creation of the technical dossier. Provide support to Marketing, Order Handling, Core and Aftermarket departments. Additionally day to day instruction and supervisory functions are to be performed including approval of drawings and time cards.
* Lead project team in development of new products and improvements
* Review, verify and approve the work of development personnel assigned
* Provide technical support to manufacturing, marketing and service (Participate in solving field problems as required)
* Propose R&D projects and assist with proposals (master specifications) from engineering, marketing, manufacturing and service
* Coordinate with other departments and with other engineering groups to support development projects
* Responsible for budgets and schedules on assigned projects
* Responsible to providing monthly status reports on all assigned projects to the R&D Manager
* Responsible for presenting project status, as required, at Product Committee Meetings (PCM)
* Some travel, including, field work, may be necessary
* Must comply with Safety Rules, Regulations and OSHA Requirements
What you can expect from us*
Imagine yourself working in a company shaped by endless innovation. With us, you are given plenty of freedom to follow your ambitions and act as an entrepreneur, surrounded by the stability of a leading company. When you join Atlas Copco you get a great deal of responsibility from day one. Why* Because we know that you have the drive and the ability to make sound decisions and will ask for help when you need it. As a global company, we are proud to be a diverse and multi-talented group of people that provides fresh ideas on how to best serve our customers. We feel strongly about promoting equal opportunities and growing sustainably with a long-term perspective.
What we expect of you*
BS in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience in the design of turbo machinery equipment. Proven ability to effectively manage and schedule a team of engineers and designers. Good communication skills.
Beau C. Fulford
Start a journey towards something greater
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our caring culture and leading-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you become part of a global community of passionate people making a tangible impact on people s lives.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.