DevOps CI/CD PIPELINE ENGINEER 1 8/20/2020
United Launch Alliance
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 130 consecutive missions doesn t just happen. It s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you'll be doing
* Analyze current state of pipeline and assess strengths, weaknesses, and fit for purpose
* Active engagement with development teams to understand opportunities for improvement, pain points, gaps, and work with pipeline engineering to develop a roadmap
* Design, develop, create and implement common standards-based CI/CD pipelines to be utilized across the organization, to include automated testing (unit, functional, regression)
* Anticipate and plan for organizational and engineering impact related to pipeline changes
* Develop architecture standards and practices for pipeline development, enhancement, and maintenance, including branching best practices
* Troubleshoot, maintain, and improve upon new and existing CI/CD implementations
* Evaluate and recommend potential new and/or improved technologies to help facilitate pipeline execution and efficiency
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor s degree and 0-2 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
* Hands-on understanding of tools and techniques required to plan, build, and run a development (DevOps) pipeline
* Advanced working knowledge of build automation and DevOps CI/CD pipeline tools (Git/Bitbucket, Bamboo/Jenkins, Artifactory)
* Proven ability to investigate, perform root cause analysis, and resolve complex problems
* Working knowledge scripting experience and ability (shell, Python)
* Working knowledge of build process automation tools (maven, gradle)
* Ability to automate builds, repetitive tasks, and log analysis programmatically
* Basic understanding of various build and compilation techniques and methodologies (Java/C++)
* Working knowledge of version control systems such as Git, with complex, distributed team and branch strategies.
* Working knowledge of software development lifecycle stages required to support automated testing and verification tools.
* Basic understanding of defect and work-tracking systems such as JIRA.
* Employing Agile development principles and techniques while providing guidance to the design, development, documentation, and testing of a large, complex, logistics software product.
* Experience with the establishment and implementation of functional and technical specifications and standards, support solving hardware/software interface problems, and ensuring integration of the entire system or subsystem
* Demonstrated communication abilities and able to explain complex pipeline topics to both non-technical and technical staff.
* Customer service oriented attitude The ability to work with various organizations with different requirements and goals to provide a common solution and support as needed.
* Experience implementing automated test into CI/CD pipeline (Google Test, Cucumber)
* Ability to stay current with industry standard technology across the community in order to keep the organization up-to-date with current best practices
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
* 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
* Bonus potential
* Generous paid time off
* Flexible work environments
Additionally, most ULA team members work a 9/80 schedule, meaning they enjoy every other Friday off.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).
INTERESTED IN GROWING IN YOUR CAREER WITH ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!.