DevOps Engineer, Cloud
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2020
END DATE 9/26/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONDevOps Engineer, Cloud
DEVOPS ENGINEER, CLOUD
Micro Focus helps organizations run and transform its business through four core areas of digital transformation: Enterprise DevOps, Hybrid IT Management, Predictive Analytics and Security, Risk, and Governance. Our software provides the critical tools they need to build, operate, secure, and analyze their enterprise. By design, these tools bridge the gap between existing and emerging technologies enabling faster innovation, with less risk, in the race to digital transformation.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As DevOps Engineer, Cloud you will provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams. Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers business needs and, consequently, for understanding customers businesses. As trusted advisor, you will create and maintain effective customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Actively contribute to the company s solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects. Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers. Accountable for consistent and significant changeability levels.
THE DEVOPS ENGINEER, CLOUD WILL:
* Build automation to scale infrastructure based on forecasted demand
* Provide full-stack diagnostics and determine root cause of internal problems
* Participate in the change management process.
* Release automation via Octopus Deploy
* Research new technologies for infrastructure strategies and other related projects; evaluate and recommend new software or systems to meet company requirements; manage the implementation of changes in such systems.
* Manage the maintenance of infrastructure, ensuring compatibility and compliance with regulations, contracts and licensing agreements.
* Focus on the provision of a stable performance environment, enterprise-wide, by monitoring and analyzing problems that occur, ensuring they are identified and solved as rapidly and efficiently as possible.
* Perform other job duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Due to Government customer environment access requirements, you must be a US Citizen.
* 5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Knowledge of site reliability concepts and best-practices, including high-availability implementations, load balancing, and network fault tolerance
* Strong understanding of AWS ecosystem and security concepts
* Understanding of general infrastructure and application security concepts
* Ability to continually identify new opportunities for infrastructure improvement
* Understanding of and experience with web server concepts, performance tuning and configuration
* Ability to implement / integrate open source technologies that may lack strong documentation
* Experience with configuration management and orchestration solutions - specifically Terraform
* Experience with monitoring and log management systems (Kibana and ELK Stack)
* Understanding of docker containers and orchestration as it pertains to both development as well as production
* Understanding of network concepts including firewalls, routing, VPN, packet analysis and TCP/IP fundamentals within a cloud services environment
* Understanding of automatic security analysis tools is a very strong plus
* Ability to work effectively both remotely and without direct supervision
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
MICRO FOCUS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOUR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, CITIZENSHIP OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS