DevOps Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/15/2019
END DATE 12/17/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY DESCRIPTION
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
An effective DevOps Project Manager should be an expert in problem solving, critical thinking and implementing an Agile Project Management Methodology. An ability to understand complex system dependencies and make decisions based on Product Management rules is essential. The position requires strong attention to detail. Personal communication skills are critical, as this role demands constant interaction across various teams including business development, sales, product, finance, service delivery and operations. An individual with a hunger to solve problems and improve operational performance will excel in this role.
* Become a subject matter expert on business operations and automation processes
* Define development processes in line with effortless / agile / lean methodologies
* Apply advanced analytical methods to proactively identify improvements
* Implement a finance driven mindset for business solution design
* Own implementation and ongoing enhancements directly into Salesforce and software applications
* Track and communicate status of business initiatives to management
* Establish new processes in line with business requirements and Company roadmap
* Support Product and Business Development teams with business analysis, reporting and visualization
* Assist in making business decisions relating to system implementation, modification, maintenance, etc.
* Ensure a coherent knowledge database of training and process documentation is properly built and maintained
* Expect basic project management processes to be employed when applicable, including:
* Develop project plan
* Identify project components, teams involved, inter-relationships between work functions, and ensure engagement
* Forecast budget
* Apply customer priorities to project; ensure project will meet the stakeholders goals
* Identify Critical Path and manage key issue resolution.
* Understand team ecosystem, projects, and workload to define appropriate prioritization of tasks
* Undergraduate degree in Business, Management or other degree requiring analytical aptitude or equivalent relevant work experience
* MBA or Finance focused degree is a plus
* 1-3 years of product, project management, software development, and/or technology analyst experience preferred
* Understanding of Agile methodologies
* Beginner understanding of salesforce.com knowledge is preferred but not required
* Microsoft Office platform including Excel and Powerpoint
* Experience working in GitLab, Jira or other project management tools
* Capacity to work on multiple projects and meet various deadlines
* Comfortable with understanding and applying material conditional logic
* Capable of independently solving logic based problems
* Strong desire for teamwork and working in group settings
* Aptitude for learning new/different processes within the company to better understand other
data architectures and workflows * Attention to detail and a basic understanding of aesthetics is essential
* A general understanding of telecom is preferred
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops team.