DevSecOps Engineer 6/5/2020
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At ARA, we strive to hire valuable colleagues with not only the right skills, but also demonstrate our core values of passion, freedom, service and growth. As a DevSecOps Engineer on our team, you are the backbone of our strategic initiatives and will be responsible for developing technology critical to the success of our projects as well as national security.
As a valued team contributor your tasks will include creating new and updating existing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment DevSecOps pipelines, automating provisioning of build VM's, migrating standalone apps into containers, configuring and maintaining Kubernetes clusters used in the pipeline, addressing security findings found in SAST/DAST/Image Scans, and much more. The perfect person for this opportunity should be driven to complement our scientific software development teams, being ready to support multiple teams developing both Windows and Linux based applications.
Due to the work you'll perform and interactions with the intelligence community and DoD programs, you will need to currently hold an Active Secret clearance.
DevSecOps Engineer Required Experience & Skills:
* Bachelor's Degree along with 2+ years Linux experience (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu preferred) & Git
* Demonstrated 1+ years experience with Docker containerization
* Kubernetes experience (defining YAML files, Openshift/OKD, Tanzu)
* Experience with Atlassian Jira
* Experience with code repositories (Bitbucket/GitHub)
* Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
* Shell scripting experience (Bash)
* Familiarity and experience working with a CI system (Jenkins, GitLab, or equivalent)
* Familiarity and experience working with VMWare virtual machines (Desktop and ESXi)
* Experience with Static and Dynamic Code Analysis (SAST/DAST)
* Experience with Container image scanning
* Experience mitigating security vulnerabilities (CVE, etc)
* Experience working in a modern software lifecycle (Agile, etc)
* Experience working with software dependency management tools (Maven, Gradle, Ruby Gems, NPM/Yarn)
* Experience working with web app / microservices architecture
DevSecOps Engineer Preferred Experience & Skills:
Above all, we value passion, a desire to learn, and teamwork. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skill set that you could succeed in the role. In addition to the experience and skills above, if you have any of the following you will be able to accelerate your effectiveness and impact.
* Self-starter, able to get tasks done with minimal assistance
* A strong desire to continuously learn new technology
* A solid understanding of the difference between DevOps and DevSecOps
* Security clearance (minimum able to obtain DoD Top Secret)
* Test automation experience (Selenium or equivalent)
* Behavior Driven Development (Cucumber, Gherkin)
* Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc)
* Relevant Certifications: Security+ or CEH
* Portfolio of projects on GitHub
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,400 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. Around ARA you are equally likely to hear a conversation about Kubernetes clusters as you are a debate on merits of a reverse polish notation (RPN) calculator!
While this is all of the Year One and Beyond stuff, Day One is highly impressive too. These are things like our competitive salary (DOE), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), a benefits package, relocation opportunities, and challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norms. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, "Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit" sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels.
ARA is passionate about inclusion and diversity in our workplace. In 2018 40% of our new employees voluntarily self-identified as protected veterans. (Source-AAP EOY 2018 Veterans Data Collection Report). Additionally, the Southeast Division looks not only for the right skills but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes ARA such a great place to work. Some of the social impact aspects we have implemented at our division include monthly get-togethers, team outings to local baseball games in the summer, board game lunches, holiday party, corn hole tournaments, chili cook-offs and so on. We are also very proud of our Women's Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please apply at careers.ara.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)",
Education: Computer Science
Description: Software Configuration Management (Git)
Description: Containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Tanzu)
Licenses & Certifications
LicenseAndCertificationName: Security Clear Secret