Die Cutter Operator 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE: DIE CUTTER OPERATOR
Requisition ID: 015468
Chicago, IL, US, 60624 Category: Hourly Production & Manufacturing
Travel: No Travel Required
EEOC Code: Operative
FLSA Code: Hourly
Position Title: Cutting Operator
Reports to: Cutting Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Date: April, 2020
OPPORTUNITY: We are a Food service folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Chicago, IL team. We're recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings. We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you're qualified and would like to be considered for.
JOB SUMMARY: The person who occupies this position should be able to work in a fast pace environment. They are responsible for preparing and running the cutting machine as efficiently as possible while overseeing the quality of products processed.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Responsible for press make ready: adjust press to accommodate for new product sheets being cut (set feeder, lock up die, set stripper, blanker, and delivery).
* Inspect quality of each load run: responsible for checking random sheets from each cut load to ensure for quality.
* When cutting problems are encountered, Pressman is to flag and isolate poorly produced materials (all defective loads are to be tagged). Pressman is to make proper corrections before continuing the order.
* Remove cut loads from press by use of hand truck.
* Maintain written records of production. Records of waste, production time, waiting time etc. are to be kept.
* Responsible for running press as efficiently as possible.
* Perform score bend readings.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
* Manufacturing experience preferred
* Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software:
* Bobst Cutting Press, electric hand truck, and company provided tooling.
* Stockbooster experience preferred.
* Must be flexible: Able to work overtime, other shifts, and Saturdays/Sundays when needed.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Schedules are up to 8 or 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
* Some Departments/Jobs may run a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
* Must be willing and able to work overtime.
* Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
* Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
* Routine Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Occasional Lifting up to 75 lbs.
* Push/pull pallet jack with up to 45lb force load.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment.
* Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal l
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
GPI Converting, a subsidiary of Graphic Packaging International, LLC (\\"GPI\\") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster