This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/1/2019
END DATE 12/10/2019
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,300 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
Our centrally located San Francisco, CA location is seeking mid to journey level Diesel Technicians. Team members in this position are primarily responsible for performing preventative maintenance and diagnosing and repairing medium duty and heavy duty trucks. Technicians with experience working on Hino and Isuzu, and some experience with refrigeration systems highly preferred.
Our other benefits include:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Life, Accident, and Disability Insurance
* Healthcare, Commuter, and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Uniforms and Cleaning Service
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Length of Service Recognition Program
* Referral Bonus Program
* Paid CDL Medical Recertification Fee
* Steel-Toed Boot Program
* 24/7 Virtual Doctor Visits
* Tobacco Free Program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
* Perform parts, components, systems and machine inspections to diagnose trucks and perform preventative maintenance. Repair or replace parts as needed, and verify vehicle performance.
* Identify and maintain vehicle records and warranty repairs by documenting services.
* Return a clean truck to the customer. Dispose of failed parts, fluids and other waste in a manner that is considerate of the environment.
* Follow all company policies and procedures and adhere to all federal, state, and local OSHA, safety, and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* We are hiring for mid to journey level technicians. For mid level and above applicants, we expect the ability to demonstrate proficiency in the repair of at least one of the following: power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches and drive shafts; electrical systems, HVAC systems, steering systems, and brakes.
* Technicians with experience working on Hino and Isuzu, and some experience with refrigeration systems highly preferred.
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records
* Ability to meet physical demands of the job in safe and alert manner (job requires frequent lifting/moving, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, etc.)
* Willingness to grow and improve skillsets and a great attitude.
* Minimum 18 years of age
We believe our employees deserve a safe work environment - all offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.