Dietary Aide 8/21/2020
Lexington Health Care and Rehab Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About American Health Communities (AHC)
American Health Communities, a division of Franklin, Tennessee-based American Health Partners Inc. operates 29 senior living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers in Tennessee and Alabama. AHC specializes in caring for seniors by providing a full range of short-term and long-term healthcare in a home-like environment. For more information, visit AHCseniorcare.com.
The purpose of this position is to aide with numerous dietary functions as directed, assigned or instructed, such as setting up beverages, meals, utensils in preparation for and delivery of food service to patients, as well as clean up duties, all in accordance with current applicable federal and state regulations and established facility procedures and policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform essential functions satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation; including, but not limited to:
* Set tables, serve food and clear tables
* Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc. and transport to washing area
* Dispose of garbage and trash and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous items
* Follow established safety and infection control regulations and policies
* Report disrepair of kitchen and dietary appliances, equipment, etc.
* Assist in establishing food service production line to ensure that meals are prepared on time
* Assist in and/or direct scheduled cleaning duties
* Assist cook in preparing meals
Required Work Experience:
* None required
* Minimum of completion of tenth (10th) grade in high school
* Position may require unscheduled overtime, week-end work.
* Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
* Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.