Digital Design Engineer III 7/16/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Control systems are becoming more complex by the hour. Systems that use to take entire boards are now handled
with just a few programmable devices. This requires a new level of digital design engineer that is comfortable working with complex chips while understanding the effects of the entire circuitry. With ever-increasing clock speeds, multi-layered boards, and enhanced chips the design possibilities are limitless.
ENSCO Avionics, Inc. is seeking Hardware Engineers with experience in full life cycle development for Avionics digital design systems. The position involves every stage of the digital design including architect level solutions, requirements development, part selection, schematic design, support layout and routing, and lab integration through final acceptance. The position will require a level of firmware development utilizing VHDL code in component specific environment. Tasks would include generation of PLD requirements, verification plans, VHDL source code, design synthesis, place & route, internal timing analysis, power dissipation analysis, simulation verification, hardware test procedures, and all associated drawings and documentation. Throughout the cycle, the position will utilize industry best practice engineering and development processes and will consider both the business and the technical needs of the end user with the goal of providing a quality product that satisfies those needs.
At ENSCO Avionics, we take our tagline Ideas to Reality very seriously. Joining ENSCO is an opportunity to advance humankind through technological and scientific discovery. Our dedicated workforce is diverse in background, experience, skills, and interests. ENSCO Avionics employees are encouraged to be courageous and innovative in their ideas and work collaboratively to help develop cutting-edge technology and inventions that make future dreams a reality. ENSCO Avionics offers a supportive & unique culture, positive work environment, and flexible work schedules that empower its employees to achieve their maximum potential.
* Experience with High Density electronics design tools such as Mentor Xpedition IC Packaging Design, Cadence IC Package Design or equivalent.
* Experience using ModelSim/Questa for design simulation and code coverage
* Experience with Document Configuration systems such as Windchill
* Experience with Configuration systems such as IBM Rational Synergy and/or Apache Subversion (SVN)
Qualifications Required (Skills)
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; minimum 3 years' relevant experience
* Experience with digital schematic design tools such as Mentor Graphics
* Experience with FPGA/PLD design including requirements development, preliminary design & verification plan, VHDL coding, verification including test procedure generation & execution, design release, and all associated reviews
* Experience with device place & route using manufacturer-specific tools including Microsemi/Actel Designer/Libero, Altera Quartus II, Xilinx ISE
* Excellent verbal communication skills - must be able to communicate effectively in teleconferences with suppliers, clients and colleagues
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Additional BenefitsFlexible Spending Account Program
Credit Union Membership
Employee Assistance Program