Digital Vendor Management Office (VMO)/Software Asset Management (SAM) Co-op
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/15/2019
END DATE 1/1/2020
Ameren Services Company
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONDigital Vendor Management Office (VMO)/Software Asset Management (SAM) Co-op
Ameren Services provides administrative support and services to Ameren Corporation and its operating companies, subsidiaries and affiliates. Nearly 1,400 employees serve the company with business planning, communications, diversity, financial support, human resources, information technology, legal counsel, and safety and supply services. The IT Vendor Management Office (VMO)/ Software Asset Management (SAM) co-op works in the Digital IT organization and is responsible for maintaining VMO and SAM processes, the associated Digital purchases and support for our internal business customers.
This is a January August Co-op position in St. Louis, MO.
This is a June December Co-op position in St. Louis, MO.
* Participates in daily Vendor Management and Software Asset Management activities.
* Under direct supervision and guidance, develop new services and processes.
* Develop an understanding of Vendor Management and Software Asset Management processes.
* Assist users in response to issues and questions concerning vendors, software products, purchases, and VMO/SAM processes.
* Develop and participate in the delivery of training material and information to assist users with VMO and SAM processes.
* Maintain documentation and knowledge articles as required.
* Provide assistance to the Software Asset Management and Vendor Management teams in process design, continual service improvement activities, metrics, status, and issues.
* Manage small projects. Perform analysis, create reports and presentations.
* Perform other duties as assigned by leadership, Software Asset Managers, and/or Vendor Managers
Current student status pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Vendor Management, Asset Management or equivalent computer-related field from an accredited college or university required.
A GPA of 2.5 or above
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will:
* Work effectively as part of a team and with internal customers and others in the Ameren Digital organization.
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly
* Demonstrate creative problem solving and proactive learning
* Have completed coursework in Project Management, Business, Statistics, Service Management, Asset Management, application development, or technology related courses preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.