Direct Therapist / RBT - Richmond, VA 9/2/2020
The May Institute Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DIRECT THERAPIST / RBT - RICHMOND, VA
Henrico, VA 23294, USA; Richmond, VA, USA Req #3367
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
May Institute is currently seeking compassionate and dedicated Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT) who want to make a positive difference in the lives of children and adolescents diagnosed with autism or developmental disabilities. In this position you will work directly with children, teaching them communication, social, and play skills. This instruction will occur in the natural context of a child's home, school, or other community setting. You will be trained in state-of-the-art instruction based on the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA) and receive supervision from an experienced Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
This is a Part-Time position (25 hours), with a high need in the afternoons/evening, for a thoughtful and responsible person who would like to advance their skills with a growing organization.
* Implement specially designed programs that include developing academic skills, play skills, daily living skills and communication and social skills
* Record data and document of how each child responds to their programs, their behavior and their progress each day; share with supervisor weekly
* Graph data to illustrate child progress over time
* Submit narrative reports of each session and hours worked every day
* Attend staff meetings as scheduled
* Bachelor s degree in Psychology, Early Childhood Development or related field preferred
* ABA experience and working knowledge of special education preferred
* Ability to interact with children, i.e. running and implementing physical intervention strategies if necessary
* Comfortable working with children who display behavior problems
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.
* Pay Type Hourly