Director, Compensation 9/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients lives and being a great place to work, we hope you ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Reporting to the Global Head of Total Rewards, the Director, Compensation will serve as critical leader within our Total Rewards team and will responsible for creating and maintaining compelling and competitive compensation programs that retain, attract, engage, reward top talent. The ideal candidate is a compensation expert who is passionate about company culture and providing innovative solutions to support broader business and/or organizational objectives.
* Designs, implements and maintains divisional and company-wide competitive, cost-effective, and internally equitable compensation programs, including base pay administration and incentive plans, ensuring alignment with business objectives and overall organizational goals and strategies.
* Leads the development of core compensation methodologies, frameworks, and standards related to pay ranges, compensation survey management, benchmarking and market pricing, job structures and levels and annual merit program.
* Leads the annual compensation planning cycle globally in the delivery and management of the process, guidelines, and communications out to the business
* Analyzes existing compensation/HR policies as well as prevailing practices and regulations among similar organizations to establish competitive compensation programs.
* Partners with finance, legal and audit to identify cost, risk and legal implications to compensation programs and potential changes.
* Develops, maintains and reports statistical data regarding current plans, proposed changes, costs/expenditures and delivery methods.
* Executes transformation initiatives and process improvement projects in a fast-paced environment to drive efficiency and cost savings while maintaining a positive employee experience.
* Collaborates closely with Talent Acquisition, the HR business partners, HRIS, IT and Payroll to ensure efficient and effective management of compensation processes across the organization.
* Provides support for preparing materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors and other executive compensation-related projects.
* Provides support for business development activities.
* Ensures accurate maintenance of compensation data through HR Workday system, partnering with HRIS lead as necessary to ensure updates and system refinements are delivered.
* Makes continuous process improvements to seek further efficiencies and identify and implement strategies to simplify and standardize programs and processes.
* Coaches and develops team members to expand skills and increase effectiveness and engagement.
* 10+ years of progressively responsible global compensation experience (global biopharmaceutical experience strongly preferred).
* Ability to serve as strategic business partner and advisor to senior executive leaders, business leaders and other key stakeholders
* Highly developed analytical skills. Must have the ability to define and measure plan performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvements and savings.
* Deep knowledge of sales compensation plan design, trends and global regulatory environment.
* Possesses strong communication, negotiation and listening skills to best ascertain needs and partner to build solutions to address them, while adhering to enterprise strategy and compliance requirements.
* Proven project management skills to move projects/tasks forward.
* Strong presentation skills and the ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of the organization.
* Strong influencing skills, including the ability to influence senior leaders.
* Is highly responsive, collaborative and customer-focused.
* Experience managing a team/direct reports
* Experience working with equity, executive and board compensation preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Bachelor s degree in Finance/Business, or directly related work experience
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed